Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmhaywood0403

Reaction score
Ford Performance said mine was built as of 2/4 and is also sitting offsite (Ford's Dearborn Test Track). Delivery to dealer 4/6 thru 4/13. This delivery date has gotten bumped ahead every week since it was built. No reason given as to why.
Yeah they will continue to push that date every week. That date means nothing until it’s actually gate released. Mine was built 1-12 and is still on hold waiting for micro chip. Running a Ford dealership I have access to a little more info and what I have seen is on regular Raptors that go on hold see movement 2 1/2 months after build date. I am about to fall into that so soon I will see. Will let you know you are 20 days after me.

jmhaywood0403

Reaction score
I noticed an order posted earlier said Retail. Is it a bad thing my order says Stock and my name is not on the order summary? What exactly is the difference here?
Doesn’t matter. Dealer should have switched it to retail but really means nothings on these Specialty lines.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no update on tracker since Feb 1st.
Checked sticker today the freight went up by $200, I thought once the sticker was issued they don’t make any changes to it. Guess Ford added transportation costs moving these to the off site lots. Lol
Anyone else ?

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a Ford dealership and my R was built on 1-12-23. Has been on hold since. Micro chip hold. I have been following some Regular Raptors that go on hold and it appears 2 and a half months is the sweet spot for the next movement. Of course Ford gives zero info though
Since you run a Ford Dealership, why dont you reach out to your ford rep to find out what's going on. I am in the same boat. Built on Jan 23rd and stuck in the float. Says chip hold.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford Performance again today to get the weekly update. The truck is still sitting in the same spot since January 26th. I expressed concern over Raptor R's that are being completed and shipped while a big group of us are stuck in the float. I did ask if he could reach out to someone and get back to me. He said they have tried to contact manufacturing before and what they get back isnt accurate or no response back at all.
He advised me and others here to contact your dealer and have the dealer to reach out to their ford rep to find out the details

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford Performance again today to get the weekly update. The truck is still sitting in the same spot since January 26th. I expressed concern over Raptor R's that are being completed and shipped while a big group of us are stuck in the float. I did ask if he could reach out to someone and get back to me. He said they have tried to contact manufacturing before and what they get back isnt accurate or no response back at all.
He advised me and others here to contact your dealer and have the dealer to reach out to their ford rep to find out the details
Seems like some of these trucks are seeing some movement now. For what it's worth R #2 for me went into production on Jan 3rd, and has been there every since according to the tracker. Dealer told me it was at off site storage that whole time, but released today to transport.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with F-P on my R.
Sounded like this time around on estimated build week of May 15th that It should actually get built close to that date. Because it will go by rail expect 30-50 days before delivery which could move it to July 1st timeline. That gives me 3 months to work on another truck. My "Official" retirement date is July 14 so anywhere near that time frame would be great! When I ordered it back on July 18th I joked I hope it comes the week before my retirement date.

What a rollercoaster ride for sure! Without having a clue if it would show at all or if it would be any month November 22 to July of 23.

I will try to relax now and check on possible build changes by both the online tracker and checking up with
F-P

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth FP said there’s no plant hold of any sort on my truck anymore but still shows In Production and last update Feb 2nd.
Another VIN they checked for me said Back to Plant from off site lot, which probably means it’s getting some repairs/updates done.
‘This whole thing is just a huge mess

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked again today for another 2 week check up. Still in production sitting in the lot.
No change. Built Jan 23