Off-Roading Essential’s - What I Carry on the Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the HD Pull-Pal but dam that thing is heavy so it stays home mostly now. I was going to sell it to a member here but the shipping was just stupid.
Hi lift sits in the garage. You have to be creative to use it on the Raptor. A bottle jack or the ProEagle will do almost anything I need. If high centered jack it up, push it off. With my luck the Hi-lift would kick out and kill me lol :banghead::banana-mario:
Yes the hi-lift can kick out pretty easily but it is like a Swiss Army knife. I have also use it as a attraction board to get from one boulder to another with my Jeep. My first Raptor had a winch(bday present from my wife)
Do you have a link for that slide out tray you have mounted in the bed? I also have a Diamondback cover and that looks handy. F1ACE097-5779-4790-99A2-A91EA33BE5D3.jpeg972B3144-EFA2-4051-A8A2-D92F637E2017.jpeg914EEDB7-32CB-4BBF-A606-14FCC352E8A4.jpeg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, get rid of the tampons! :p There are much better options for GSW plugs/gauze out there that aren't that expensive if you're not even using them once a year, and tampons are really only good for sticking (painfully) in the
Should I be concerned that John is carrying first aid gear for gsws? Or that you think less than once per year is not very often? Remind me not to go out with you two. :)

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great list John!

M12 Milwaukee Stubby is in my Raptor. Great for flat tires. I also carry a Dewalt 20v chainsaw with 2 batteries. Both have come in real handy especially when your Dodge buddy didn’t bring crap
I was just about to post my hatchet I got for my Ram… but now I won’t :-(

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea on water treatment. Now I have to get mine out of my backpack stuff and put it in the Raptor. My issue here of course is finding any water to treat LOL
If anyone happens to roll out with me I make sure they have proper 4xFoot gear.
YOUR P-I-S-S POOR PRIOR PLANNING-DOES NOT CREATE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART ;) baaaaahaaaaa
So don't show up one day in flip flops and shorts with a latte in my hand?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thank you yet again John for spending more of my money...:rolleyes:
IKR. Kind of like the pics @Big Blue posts of his Raptor bed setup; both inspirational and demotivating at the same time.

Battery operated impact wrench...w/ spare battery & charger
Battery operated chainsaw...w/ spare battery & charger, chain, bar, etc.
Thank you yet again @TheCzar for spending more of my money ;-)

Grill/propane/french press/coffee grinder....gotta rough it in style...
Water purification for above coffee if i run out of what i brought
Do what the brits used to do- bring beer instead.

I plan on mounting my spare onto the CargoGlide when I switch to a shell.
I’ve got a 2 tire rack now and that gives me some options but yeah I would definitely consider provisions for the bed mounted spare.
Maybe it’s one of the 10 saws/machetes he carries is the why? Haha

Not that he ever would... ... ... ... but if @John M were a person with the potential for ill intentions... his Raptor would be the pinnacle of a murder truck.

Just sayin’

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IKR. Kind of like the pics @Big Blue posts of his Raptor bed setup; both inspirational and demotivating at the same time.

Thank you yet again @TheCzar for spending more of my money ;-)

Do what the brits used to do- bring beer instead.

I’ve got a 2 tire rack now and that gives me some options but yeah I would definitely consider provisions for the bed mounted spare.

Not that he ever would... ... ... ... but if @John M were a person with the potential for ill intentions... his Raptor would be the pinnacle of a murder truck.

Just sayin’

His set-up puts mine to shame.