OEM Wheel Opening Molding (plastic fender flares) - do they come painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side rear fender flare has got some pretty deep gouges in it and I want to either repair or replace it. I found the part at Tasca for $300 but was wondering if these come painted. Has anyone ever bought an OEM replacement and can tell me? From what I can tell, all Raptors come with the same color flares (Magnetic J7). If I have to paint a new part, then I will probably just repair the one I have and have that painted to save some money.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wheel-opening-molding-passenger-side-rh-hl3z9929164aa

Thanks

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The parts guy at the Ford dealership is clueless. He claimed unpainted and they wanted nearly $500 for it and wouldn't even give me the full part number to shop elsewhere.

It looks like letting the local Ford dealership order the part may be the best option. Tasca and Fordpartsgiant really rip you on the shipping, which at Fordpartsgiant is actually more expensive than the part.

Last edited:

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer ordered a replacement for mine and never said a word about painting it so I'm assuming it comes in the same finish as factory.

Velo C

Reaction score
Thanks. The parts guy at the Ford dealership is clueless. He claimed unpainted and they wanted nearly $500 for it and wouldn't even give me the full part number to shop elsewhere.

It looks like letting the local Ford dealership order the part may be the best option. Tasca and Fordpartsgiant really rip you on the shipping, which at Fordpartsgiant is actually more expensive than the part.
Wanting to do the same thing and had the exact same experience at the local Ford dealer. Very curious to know if what you order comes painted. Please keep us updated.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a new one a while back and it’s painted just like it came on the truck. This big box still sits in my garage lol