OEM Wheel Opening Molding (plastic fender flares) - do they come painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Considering CF flares on a magnetic 2020 instead of replacement with OEM. What I don’t like about stock flares is that they are satin finish, scratch easily, and you cannot buff out any scratches.

What brand CF flares did you order and are you happy with them? Did you install yourself and did they fit as stock or did you have to modify at all? Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
I went with the wider anderson composite units, can't say good enough things about the fit. Spot on. No messing about required. https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/ford-raptor-2017--esr4382823 Seems prices have gone up since I bought - if you are considering definitely go though a dealer, I bought through vivid racing and paid $1700 ish for all 4 of the 2" wider flares. Also, I highly recommend getting all new body clips as some get damaged when you remove the oe flares. I did not and wished I had but I'm not gonna remove them again just to put new clips.

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm they come painted. This was literally a 15 minute job, and that includes 5 minutes looking for the right socket. Remove 8 screws and it pops right off by hand.

51313314612_f7e445063b_c.jpg

51313317052_e684dc2a4c_c.jpg

51315056980_51cb588c2f_c.jpgr

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! they are sort of a sacrificial part which IMO is a good thing since these always seem to hit things first. Did it come with new clips?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 3 flares that needed replacing - with shipping (or at the dealer) was close to $1500 for 3. I decided to go CF instead for almost the same money.

Yeah if my flares get scratched up.....immediately removing, sanding down and then hydrodipping.

Don

JDZ

Reaction score
I went with the wider anderson composite units, can't say good enough things about the fit. Spot on. No messing about required. https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/ford-raptor-2017--esr4382823 Seems prices have gone up since I bought - if you are considering definitely go though a dealer, I bought through vivid racing and paid $1700 ish for all 4 of the 2" wider flares. Also, I highly recommend getting all new body clips as some get damaged when you remove the oe flares. I did not and wished I had but I'm not gonna remove them again just to put new clips.
Thanks.

I checked vivid but they apparently don’t have them now. Hard to find them anywhere but Anderson site which are really expensive and outrageous shipping. Bummer.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine was procured from the local stealership and was unpainted. Not necessarily bad, body shop painted it up and it’s visually identical to the other flares.

Honestly though, if it’s pin striping or trail scuffs, I think I’d line-x them all. For that matter, might as well hook them with dzus fasteners to I can hit them with rustoleum as needed.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read about fender flares having issues with paint peeling etc. Are we seeing that with Gen 2 replacement flares from the dealer parts department too?