OEM Wheel Opening Molding (plastic fender flares) - do they come painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My passenger side rear fender flare has got some pretty deep gouges in it and I want to either repair or replace it. I found the part at Tasca for $300 but was wondering if these come painted. Has anyone ever bought an OEM replacement and can tell me? From what I can tell, all Raptors come with the same color flares (Magnetic J7). If I have to paint a new part, then I will probably just repair the one I have and have that painted to save some money.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wheel-opening-molding-passenger-side-rh-hl3z9929164aa

Thanks

Did you provide the VIN or the color?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you provide the VIN or the color?
For some reason ford always wants your VIN, even if the part is the same on every truck. I have never heard of the fender flare coming unfinished before, but in this thread smurf says he got one. Maybe he got a unicorn?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For some reason ford always wants your VIN, even if the part is the same on every truck. I have never heard of the fender flare coming unfinished before, but in this thread smurf says he got one. Maybe he got a unicorn?

I only asked because, if you gave them your VIN, it should come correctly painted I hope?

Paint coding is in the VIN correct?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only asked because, if you gave them your VIN, it should come correctly painted I hope?

Paint coding is in the VIN correct?
Well, the fact is that every fender flare on every gen 2 raptor are supposed to be the same color no matter the color of the truck. Same with the bumpers - all the same which is why giving a VIN for this part is amusing.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The parts counter does everything by VIN. Every dealer. Every make. I gather they just want to be correct when picking that part. There system is kind of centered around this lookup as well. If they were super knowledgeable, I’m sure they could look it up another way.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The parts counter does everything by VIN. Every dealer. Every make. I gather they just want to be correct when picking that part. There system is kind of centered around this lookup as well. If they were super knowledgeable, I’m sure they could look it up another way.

That's my understanding. Cuts down on returns. May not be a big deal on fenders, but other parts are bit harder to confirm the right part. Surprisingly, I order a few emblems from Tasca a few weeks back and was not asked to provide VIN.

JDZ

Reaction score
I had 3 flares that needed replacing - with shipping (or at the dealer) was close to $1500 for 3. I decided to go CF instead for almost the same money.

I am in the same boat. Considering CF flares on a magnetic 2020 instead of replacement with OEM. What I don’t like about stock flares is that they are satin finish, scratch easily, and you cannot buff out any scratches.

What brand CF flares did you order and are you happy with them? Did you install yourself and did they fit as stock or did you have to modify at all? Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.