Odds a consumer gets an R in hand in next 68 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Don't you love the stepchild treatment the Raptor R gets for its debut. All the press coverage has been in whatever noisy parking garage/back building that Ford could begrudgingly clear out for a day. Its like Ford would just rather not.
Why would they give it standard treatment when they’re only building ~2500/year?

This years allocations are already all already sold, the fact they’re doing any press is shocking.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they give it standard treatment when they’re only building ~2500/year?

This years allocations are already all already sold, the fact they’re doing any press is shocking.
2500 trucks at $112,000 = $280,000,000

They can afford some proper press, thanks though.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a chance, they have to get all the built R's to the youtubers and journalists. Then the dealerships string us along like crabs in a bucket, after tacking on a $30k adm then and only then everybody should get their 2023 R in 2026.

amosmoses

Reaction score

I understand your point, but by that logic the Ford GT should have just been sent straight to the dealerships without telling anyone. The true value of the Raptor R is as the most powerful production F-150 ford has ever made. It is the Ford GT for Baja, yet its treated like the mid-lifecycle refresh of the fusion. Maybe I'm reading into it too much and my fragile millennial constitution can't take the insult, however I'd have hoped for a little more substance to Ford's unveiling of the vehicle we've been waiting for since the debut of the Gen 2 Raptor. It just doesn't seem like Ford really cares about the Raptor R and that's what's most disappointing.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not one real road test. Not one real drive with real world information , mpg, times to??, skid pad, etc…
A real 1666746499021.png