Odd whine from engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lasercat

Reaction score
I've noticed this whine a couple times now. Ignore the video, was just getting under the wheel well to get the mic closer to the sound.

This was recorded about 20 mins after I'd turned the truck off. I have no idea if it makes that sound while still running. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

I don't *think* it happens every time I park the truck, but I don't know for sure.

Truck is only 2 months old with about 4200 miles on her. Any ideas what this might be?

Last edited:

jaredq22

Reaction score
I've noticed this whine a couple times now. Ignore the video, was just getting under the wheel well to get the mic closer to the sound.

This was recorded about 20 mins after I'd turned the truck off. I have no idea if it makes that sound while still running. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

I don't *think* it happens every time I park the truck, but I don't know for sure.

Truck is only 2 months old with about 4200 miles on her. Any ideas what this might be?

I notice a similar noise but not as severe as in the video! not sure what it is, hope someone can diagnose. 6500 miles on mine

OP
OP
Lasercat

Lasercat

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to get another video. This time, however, the sound is not continuous, but comes and goes. Definitely sounds like it's coming from the passenger side, right in front of the engine block.

My mechanical knowledge is limited, so I have no idea what could make a sound like that.

Again, didn't notice the sound until the truck had been turned off for about 15 mins.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caught mine making that slow train whistle noise one time about 30 minutes after I had been in the truck I walked by it and I was like WTF is going on here. Stood there puzzled listening to it.

Then I was like ok whatever it's under warranty lol

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the grill shutters moving? mine made this noise while washing it the other day and then stopped before i could track it down.

AUGER12

Reaction score
i have had mine raptor now for 3 weeks noticed same beeping noise about every 20 seconds to short whistle sounds going to be taking it in tommorrow

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did something similar last week. Noticed while washing it in the driveway. It was more electronic beeping than the whistle sound, but it was very regular for about 10 minutes. Could not localize it, but definitely under the hood. Didn’t think to record it. Only heard it that one time.