(Not sure where to post) Any info on this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**Sorry if this should be posted in another place I can gladly move it if needed.**

Hey guys! brand new to this forum and im shopping around for a Gen 2 currently. I came across this on auto trader and wonder if in the off chance someone here has owned or knows anything about this truck?

https://www.kiavacaville.com/used-Vacaville-2017-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG2HFC56552

It looks likes a decent deal but I hesitate because it has 3 previous owners, one of which only owned it for about 4k miles.. Another issue is i live in Utah and this is in California so it makes checking it out physically before buying it a little tricky. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Either about the truck itself or if anyone has been in a similar situation.

Thanks!

there’s a guy in the classifieds who is hooking up those ready to purchase with a dealership offering invoice pricing. I’d go that route if I were you. Similar money and you’ll get full warranty, know the vehicles entire history, and get that Raptor Assault invite!

same as others have already said but, I paid 67k for my new 2019 last September (it had a 72k sticker on it).

Unless you find a smokin deal on here from a trusted member with the aftermarket options you want, then it’s a no brainer to buy new. Just this simple minded Hoosier’s opinion. YMMV.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zack later

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. It looks like the Utah and California market have pretty high markups and I might be able to save some money if i wait it out. Do you think leftover 19's would be a good price once the 21's come out? The dealership hit me back up today and said 63k out the door which is what I originally told them. When i looked at NADA and KBB and had my credit union run the VIN with all the options it came back at 62k so I'm not sure if its that bad of a deal now? Only other thing is only seeing it from pictures and having 3 previous owners

Last edited:

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. It looks like the Utah and California market have pretty high markups and I might be able to save some money if i wait it out. Do you think leftover 19's would be a good price once the 21's come out? The dealership hit me back up today and said 63k out the door which is what I originally told them. When i looked at NADA and KBB and had my credit union run the VIN with all the options it came back at 62k so I'm not sure if its that bad of a deal now? Only other thing is only seeing it from pictures and having 3 previous owners

Based on that you're paying 1k over it's value offset by a 100k warranty...assuming it's a bumper to bumper I'd say it's an ok not great deal. Did you run a car fax? they usually show service records and might give you info about any major repairs. Personally I'd wait until the 2021 comes out and see what Ford has up their sleeve. Only a few months away and you might kick yourself if they bring out killer upgrades....I'm sure youu've heard all the rumors....price is the question. Either way they aren't offering you a deal that you can't pass up and could be easily matched later this year on a MY 19. I did a quick scan and I see used 2019 models for mid 60s currently.