Not shifting out of park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree, the massive shifter really isn't needed any more. I've been in a RAM for the last 6 years. It took me a month or so to get used to the dash mounted shifter dial, but after that it just became second nature. It certainly frees up a ton of center console space.
Au contraire, mi amigo, it's essential. It is a manhood simulator. Perhaps a stimulator, depending. But I wouldn't know about that part. :) Your truck just wouldn't be manly without it. All you need now is a set of truck nuts and you are the shit. :anitoof:

Ryan33

Reaction score
My truck has an error currently that says while slowing to a stop "transmission not in park". Also hill decent control is not available. Dealership said the shift module is bad and it's on back order til April..... Must be a common problem on the new gen F150 if it's on back order unless it requires a microchip WHAT A JOKE

14BlackRoush

Reaction score
Checked brake lights and you were right mate, it seems to be intermittent when I put the brakes on, most of the time the brake light wouldn’t come on but every now and then it would.

Where do I begin with this issue? Check fuses then follow the wiring back from tail lights?

14BlackRoush

Reaction score
Got the switch, took 30seconds to install and truck is alive again! Glad it was such an easy fix
Now to work out this “check locking differential” problem