Not cool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MQZ

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first told $1,000 to repair and paint... until they realized it was aluminum. Said the aluminum can't be manipulated and repaired. Need a new gate. Waiting for estimate. My research found a tailgate shell that runs $475 which requires swapping everything over if possible, paint, line-x touch up. Color matched shell is $1100 plus above. Moving towards insurance claim once I receive estimate.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Over $1500 would be robbery
Remove/install Tailgate step, remove & re-install applique, same for badging, paint, etc.

From the view of an insurance adjuster (which is my day job), im pretty confident our appraisal software would put this in the 2500-3000 range.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance claim, sure over $1500 but i wouldnt pay more than that out of pocket.

I would say back in the day front or rear bumper repaint was like $500 nowadays $1000. Prolly double for insurance

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may not be fast but you can definitely find a gate in that color somewhere in salvage.