Noisy 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope! Did my research, weeded through all the BS and picked the best shock on the market that meet my needs.

I was about to buy 3.0's and saw that video and thought the clicking noise would drive me nuts.

Hmm...all your research and weeding through led you to the Fox's, but then you heard the noise and decided against them. Am I misunderstanding you, somehow?

:Insane:

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm...all your research and weeding through led you to the Fox's, but then you heard the noise and decided against them. Am I misunderstanding you, somehow?

Judging by his previous posts in here, he has a set of ICONs on his truck. Not really a disservice to himself because all the shock upgrade options are fantastic, but I guess he could have been clearer.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Judging by his previous posts in here, he has a set of ICONs on his truck. Not really a disservice to himself because all the shock upgrade options are fantastic, but I guess he could have been clearer.
Whoa there. I never said his shock choice wasn't fantastic! Never even hinted at it, actually.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the BS?

I got a lot of BS and bashing of other products and vendors when I started calling around trying to get some info so I could make a decision on what was best for my needs, mind you not from all vendors but from some.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
see I did see it as him saying you said that. I see him as saying any upgrade in shocks is fantastic over the om whether it's fox 3.0 icon 3.0 king 3.0 that is how I took it.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You are misunderstanding, somehow! I thought Fox was the way to go because they are the brand that comes on the Raptor but was disappointed to find out that they did not have the adjuster knob for the front shocks. Kings were getting a lot of hype as being the best choice at the time so considered them based on what was being said. I had hardly given a thought about Icon untill I did some research and decided that they were the way to go for my needs, the funny thing is they were a distant last till I did some real digging. From what I know all three brands are very good but the fact that the Icons do not make that clicking sound is just one more thing that makes me happy about my decision.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... the fact that the Icons do not make that clicking sound is just one more thing that makes me happy about my decision.
Ah ok gotcha. Sounded like the noise was the only reason you went a different route. My comments were based on that.

Alls good!

OP
OP
Huck

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big j thanks for the vid. That's exactly the noise I hear. Need to tweak the tuning a bit. I get some bounce back I don't want.