GEN 2 Noise under hard acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktwagner311

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this noise and what did you find out? Only happens under hard acceleration above 4500 on the tachometer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that's the wastegate linkage vibrating. You hitting a certain frequency and it does that. Just got my tsb done for the dog leg linkage fix for both sides. But could just be something loose under the truck.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
have you ruled out the IWE? try in 4a vs. 2h.

Bee

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same exact noise. Same with it only being preset in 2H. I don't know what it is, but others have discussed it as engine ping/knock on this forum. I'm not entirely sure anyone has figured it out.

For me, the noise will sometimes persist momentarily when let off the accelerator...so its not pre-detonation.

I had it both before and after COBB stage 1. I ran a few logs during hard acceleration with the noise present and sent it COBB...no pre-detonation and everything logged ok.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i replaced my 2017 with a new raptor. same specs as previous. I could not hear the noise on the new truck until i disabled the fake engine noise/noise cancellation. My consensus is that its the torque converter and is a normal sound. So my question is, Those that hear it, Did you disable the fake engine noise?

Attackpilot

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this noise and what did you find out? Only happens under hard acceleration above 4500 on the tachometer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounds a little like spark knock. Mine does it too. I’m going to replace my spark plugs and regap and see if that fixes the issue