Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone running the Trail Grappler M/T tires on your Raptor? I have experience with the Dune Grapplers which were one of my favorite tires but in Georgia sand is kind of hard to find. More just "run of the mill" off road now. How loud are they and how do they hold up highway and off road?

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im running them. I love them Quiter than my old Toyo M/T's look sexy, grip good, and hold there tread good.

IMG_20140122_075419_zpsb794aa33.jpg

20131213_092408_zps87786ca8.jpg

20131123_082531_zps52e846d7.jpg

Your truck looks awesome by the way.

You will love these tires! I had a set on my Raptor for awhile. You will love them. Whisper quiet and handle like a dream!:evillol:

Thanks Boss...........I did love my dune grapplers. I ran Nittos on my vette and one of the best tires I ever ran on them. Even the slicks were pretty good.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what you guys runing. The 35's or the 37's. I have the perch mod and should be able to squeeze the 37's on stock rims. I can see JeepSRT8 is running 37's. Any fit issues?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment, its a work in progress.

My 37's ran okay on top perch, little rubbing here and there, ran ocotillo with no problems, but I really wanted to get off top perch (from what the consensus is on this site) so I went with Glassworks fenders and liners, and dropped to mid perch. Outlaw did a top notch install on my ride, the fitment is great. These Nittos are a good tire for the price.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck looks awesome by the way.

Thanks Boss...........I did love my dune grapplers. I ran Nittos on my vette and one of the best tires I ever ran on them. Even the slicks were pretty good.

Ok Ok Ok--You made me feel bad!! Jezzzzzzz ---- can't believe I am doing this! These were the worst tires I have ever run bar none. Made one trip to NM and I did not know if I was going to make it back they were so bad on the hwy they came off after a week and Discount took them back. It was summer and I played with the tire pressure as well still were not stable at hwy speeds over 65 and I run a lot at 80 to 85 (speed limit). On a 2 lane road from Pecos to the ranch in NM a large tank truck hauling the mail baby in the opposite lane almost cause me to lose control because it started the dreaded "head shake" I know a motorcycle term. The truck was moving right to left back and forth and ALMOST went too far to recover however was slowing enough that it stopped. These were 35's and you will still get some rubbing on the middle perch at suspension travel esp turning.

I will post a pic of those tires on mine when I took it to the ranch for there one trip. I made a lengthy post a couple of years ago about these tires. If you run 37's on mid perch get ready to tear the hell out of your truck!! This pick is before new springs and the fenderwell mods but is on the top perch.

27e5c0cc.jpg

Last edited: