Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 35" Nitto Trails. They are a little louder than the Toyo MT's I ran on my last Raptor, but still happy with them. I'm on mid perch and have zero rubbing.

Attachments

• nitto trail 35 on fuel anza wheel 17x9.jpeg
    nitto trail 35 on fuel anza wheel 17x9.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 163
  • nitto trail.jpeg
    nitto trail.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 191

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running 35x12.50's and love them.

I really like the aggressive look. Definitely not too noisy for what they are.

Attachments

• 20140111_152928.jpg
    20140111_152928.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love mine! great in snow and no problems in sand as well... :)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Tomandmine.jpg
    Tomandmine.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 1557330_10153815859445221_1262824611_o.jpg
    1557330_10153815859445221_1262824611_o.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok Ok Ok--You made me feel bad!! Jezzzzzzz ---- can't believe I am doing this! These were the worst tires I have ever run bar none. Made one trip to NM and I did not know if I was going to make it back they were so bad on the hwy they came off after a week and Discount took them back. It was summer and I played with the tire pressure as well still were not stable at hwy speeds over 65 and I run a lot at 80 to 85 (speed limit). On a 2 lane road from Pecos to the ranch in NM a large tank truck hauling the mail baby in the opposite lane almost cause me to lose control because it started the dreaded "head shake" I know a motorcycle term. The truck was moving right to left back and forth and ALMOST went too far to recover however was slowing enough that it stopped. These were 35's and you will still get some rubbing on the middle perch at suspension travel esp turning.

I will post a pic of those tires on mine when I took it to the ranch for there one trip. I made a lengthy post a couple of years ago about these tires. If you run 37's on mid perch get ready to tear the hell out of your truck!! This pick is before new springs and the fenderwell mods but is on the top perch.

27e5c0cc.jpg

Wait.........what........you just said you love them in your first post. Surely you didn't mean the same tire did you? Why are you posting opposite recommendations? Boss surely you wouldn't lead your ole buddy astray.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the Trail Grappler M/T tires on your Raptor? I have experience with the Dune Grapplers which were one of my favorite tires but in Georgia sand is kind of hard to find. More just "run of the mill" off road now. How loud are they and how do they hold up highway and off road?

I am running the Nittos in 35X12.5X17. I'm on Mid-Perch and have no rubbing issues. So far put over 3,000 miles on them and no complaints. They are a little noisier than stock BFG, but not excessively noisy. They do well in snow and wet roads. They are heavy, so they are a bastard to balance. you will see a drop in MPG with them.

But I love them, they make the truck look so much more badass.

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same size and set-up here. Agreed, they are louder than the stock BFG but for a MT, they aren't bad at all. I noticed the MPG drop a noticeable bit too (1...maybe 2 mpg), but the badassness makes up for it like you said.

TRR will be the first real test off road for mine. On the highway, I can't tell a difference over the stock BFG's....other than the hum. If the truck drives like shit with these tires, it's either a bad alignment, balance, or defective tire.

I am running the Nittos in 35X12.5X17. I'm on Mid-Perch and have no rubbing issues. So far put over 3,000 miles on them and no complaints. They are a little noisier than stock BFG, but not excessively noisy. They do well in snow and wet roads. They are heavy, so they are a bastard to balance. you will see a drop in MPG with them.

But I love them, they make the truck look so much more badass.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I seriously considered these when I changed tires but ended up going with the Toyos after reading about how many miles guys were getting out of the Open Country's. The only thing I don't like is the weight. Didn't chunk at all tearing around TRR though.

Might try the Nittos next go around.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

And mileage did drop noticeably.