Nitto Trail Grappler Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all
I recently installed Nitto Trail Grapplers (37s) and I'm hearing (not feeling) an occasional vibration originating from the from driver's side wheel well when turning left (once in a while when going straight). I also have fox 3.0 racing shocks installed. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I appreciate your help.

OP
OP
R

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alos I put a GoPro down there, no rubbing and it is not picking up the noise either.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all
I recently installed Nitto Trail Grapplers (37s) and I'm hearing (not feeling) an occasional vibration originating from the from driver's side wheel well when turning left (once in a while when going straight). I also have fox 3.0 racing shocks installed. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I appreciate your help.
Yea its called rolling heavy ass 37’s brah . Lots of noise and vibration on an Mt. Make sure everything is torqued down to spec…lugs could have came loose or your shock mounts too…

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I had 37" Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on my 2020, They are heavy tires and bounce a little, but I never experienced anything like you described. You gotta have something loose or out of balance. I thought they were good tires and surprisingly not very loud on the street. Good luck getting this fixed.

Bluu

Reaction score
The larger the tire, the more likely you will run into something like this. Typically however it's after 10k miles or so when these types of issues occur.

Check for excessive wheel weights on your wheels, sometimes a tire will be out of wack and it will cause several ounces of weights to be applied to the wheel to try to counteract this, which is just a bandaid. If you find this you can ask the shop to pop the bead and rotate the tire on the wheel to try to reduce this, but this still may not be enough to fix the issue. Obviously checking your tire pressure and tire balance or fundamental things that you should check, which could cause something similar to what you are referencing. Note that base on the sidewall ply the tire pressure could be different than the factory pressure (could be 10+psi different), so make sure to reference the tires instructions itself, not just what's listed in your door jam. If none of these work, you can rotate your tires and see if the sound moves to another location....this would at least validate if its just a normal tire noise, or a specific tire that is the issue.

With the introduction of the electronic steering racks this can reduce the amount of feedback in the steering wheel itself, which sometimes makes it harder to troubleshoot. Good luck with the troubleshooting, let us know what you find.