Ngauge / MPT tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not mount mine. I just unplug it after I load whatever tune. But I keep it boxed up in my truck in case I need to do something. I definitely would have done the vent mount if I had circular vents.
Yeah it would be great if they updated the shape to fit in the newer AC vents. It’s only been 4 years lol.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my tow tune without the trans tuning the best. I wish I had the 93PR-X without the trans tuning.
@butts182 (or anyone, for that matter)...I'm looking to order my MPT tunes, and I want to get one of the Performance Tow tunes. I just noticed that they have a Performance Tow, and a Performance Tow w/o Trans Tuning. What made you decide to go with the option w/o Trans Tuning? I hadn't even considered that, but now I'm wondering if maybe I should do that instead of the Trans Tuning option. Thanks!

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@butts182 (or anyone, for that matter)...I'm looking to order my MPT tunes, and I want to get one of the Performance Tow tunes. I just noticed that they have a Performance Tow, and a Performance Tow w/o Trans Tuning. What made you decide to go with the option w/o Trans Tuning? I hadn't even considered that, but now I'm wondering if maybe I should do that instead of the Trans Tuning option. Thanks!
I selected the tow with trans and tow without trans because I had a boat and thought I would run the tow tune more than the PRX tune since you’re not supposed to run the PRX tune while towing. With the later trans tuning, I can say that they are better than the original version so I like the trans tune more now than before. For the PRX, I only have that with the trans tune for when I want to burn gas and rubber like crazy. Otherwise it’s tow tune with or without trans tune.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I selected the tow with trans and tow without trans because I had a boat and thought I would run the tow tune more than the PRX tune since you’re not supposed to run the PRX tune while towing. With the later trans tuning, I can say that they are better than the original version so I like the trans tune more now than before. For the PRX, I only have that with the trans tune for when I want to burn gas and rubber like crazy. Otherwise it’s tow tune with or without trans tune.
Thanks @butts182! So, I'm looking at the following 3 tunes:

* 91PRX w/ trans
* 91PRX w/o trans
* 91 Perf Tow w/ trans

Think that's a good combination for the 3 tunes that I can get? I don't have easy access to 93, so I have no real need to get the 93 PRX. I'll be towing a 6000-7000 lb trailer occasionally, so definitely want to get a tow tune.

Last edited:

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @butts182! So, I'm looking at the following 3 tunes:

* 91PRX w/ trans
* 91PRX w/o trans
* 91 Perf Tow w/ trans

Think that's a good combination for the 3 tunes that I can get? I don't have easy access to 93, so I have no real need to get the 93 PRX. I'll be towing a 6000-7000 lb trailer occasionally, so definitely want to get a tow tune.
Sounds fine. You can always buy a fourth tune in the future if you need or want the tow tune without the trans tuning.