Ngauge / MPT tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know there have been previous posts about this - just seeing if anyone had any advice/wisdom to pass down. I get my Ngauge tuner in on Monday - then will have to order the 3 MPT tunes that come with it. I don't have a lot of things done to my truck yet. I just have AFE stage 2 intake. (plan on doing more later on) I had a SCT X4 on my last f150 FX4 and I loved it. I'm glad I called MPT tunes since the X4 doesn't work with the '18 Raptors. I decided to go with the Ngauge. Seemed to have really good reviews. Has anyone had any problems or things to avoid when programming with this tuner? I have 93 Oct available to me and that is all that I use. I appreciate any info willing to be shared. Also any advice on what you guys would add next if you only had the stage 2 intake. Thanks!

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 91 tune, when my psi was at like 40+ it felt super fast! But since I lowered psi to 38/36 I might try the 93 tune I got ...

It's a whole new truck with a tune u won't be disappointed

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only concern with MPT is the trans tune I got my 93 oct tune installed on the truck,It was a beast and blast to drive but the shifts on the lower gears were to harsh for me and I have contacted MPT for a correction since a week ago and I am still waiting the only response I got was what tune do you run?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
...I'm glad I called MPT tunes since the X4 doesn't work with the '18 Raptors...

What do you mean by this? MPT tunes don't work with the X4 or X4 doesn't work with '18 Raptors, period? Both Gearhead and JDM use the X4 for tuning 17, 18 and 19 Raptors as far as I am aware.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
I have not on my 17 scab..got 91 tune..91 tow and 93. Had it almost two years. Very happy with all of them. Shift logic seems good. Maybe once every couple of months I'll get a hard downshift from 2 to 1. But I'm not gonna say it's all attributed to tune. In the tune parameters I requested not to skip gears and gas pedal linear.

OP
OP
Tactical Bulldog
Reaction score
What do you mean by this? MPT tunes don't work with the X4 or X4 doesn't work with '18 Raptors, period? Both Gearhead and JDM use the X4 for tuning 17, 18 and 19 Raptors as far as I am aware.
all i know is what MPT told me - said that their tunes don't work with the SCT x4 .

Last edited:

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
all i know is what MPT told me - said that there tunes don't work with the SCT x4 .

No problem, I just thought someone may have been spinning you a line. If you went with another tuner you could have used the X4 and saved a little coin. It seems MPT is King of the Hill at the moment though as far as performance. Good luck.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only concern with MPT is the trans tune I got my 93 oct tune installed on the truck,It was a beast and blast to drive but the shifts on the lower gears were to harsh for me and I have contacted MPT for a correction since a week ago and I am still waiting the only response I got was what tune do you run?

I have had the MPT 93 PRX for over a year and I asked for smooth shifts in normal mode when I ordered mine. I think it shifts beautifully in normal mode and only gets harsh when I choose Sport mode. The best of both worlds!

I am sure they will take care of you...

OP, the NGuage is a lot better than the older SCT tuners. I have mine mounted on the left side of the dash displaying the four gauges for everyday driving. I recommend giving it a try once you have your tunes installed to see if you like the extra gauges.