Ngauge / MPT tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tactical Bulldog
Reaction score
I have had the MPT 93 PRX for over a year and I asked for smooth shifts in normal mode when I ordered mine. I think it shifts beautifully in normal mode and only gets harsh when I choose Sport mode. The best of both worlds!

I am sure they will take care of you...

OP, the NGuage is a lot better than the older SCT tuners. I have mine mounted on the left side of the dash displaying the four gauges for everyday driving. I recommend giving it a try once you have your tunes installed to see if you like the extra gauges.
Good advice - thank you. Just got it in today - just finished saving stock file - about to send off for the TUNES. Def will get the 93 PRX.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the MPT 93 PRX for over a year and I asked for smooth shifts in normal mode when I ordered mine. I think it shifts beautifully in normal mode and only gets harsh when I choose Sport mode. The best of both worlds!

I am sure they will take care of you...

OP, the NGuage is a lot better than the older SCT tuners. I have mine mounted on the left side of the dash displaying the four gauges for everyday driving. I recommend giving it a try once you have your tunes installed to see if you like the extra gauges.

I just got my tune mailed to I will have to download it and try the truck in the normal mode and see .
What mount did you use is it the windshield suction mount?

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my tune mailed to I will have to download it and try the truck in the normal mode and see .
I have mine mounted to windshield as I wanted to monitor the knock sensor when I fueled up in case of bad gas however have not seen a difference. I no longer turn it on unless I use sport mode and still it seems to remain the same. I have always been worried as I have had some engine failures in my race car however now have just disconnected it as I don’t feel I need it.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine mounted to windshield as I wanted to monitor the knock sensor when I fueled up in case of bad gas however have not seen a difference. I no longer turn it on unless I use sport mode and still it seems to remain the same. I have always been worried as I have had some engine failures in my race car however now have just disconnected it as I don’t feel I need it.

This exactly why I did not mount it yet I developed this bad habit of not looking at any gauge while off-roading however pavement does not bother me at all no speeding for me on public roads.

And I didn't want to spend around 200 bucks for a mount that i wont use but I could give the MPT windshield mount a shot since its cheaper than block8head.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would for sure get the suction cup first before spending $200 on something you may end up not using. I will say the auto/stop may have also turned me off from using it as well as every time I stop the nGuage turns off.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I specifically asked them for "smooth shifting" in normal mode, so yours might be harsh.

I am using a windshield suction cup mount with it sitting on top of the dash to the left of the steering wheel, so the suction cups really just keep it from sliding around. (I have had it fly off a couple of times while off-road, so now I simply put it in the console if things get to rough) The cord runs down the pillar and under the dash, so it always stays plugged-in. I have it set to go the gauges and if you follow the instructions on MPTs website, it stays on all of the time.

I had MPT disable the auto stop/start feature as I also felt it was very irritating and not providing me any benefit what-so-ever. :rolleyes: