Newbie pondering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hp1000

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the forum & thinking of buying a Raptor, got the green light from my better half(took some convincing) now timing of purchasing it is the thing. If I am not strategic about it, I would have bought one yesterday. However, there are a lot of things I need to consider. This would be my first truck & I would like this truck to keep me smiling for 10 years when I drive it(one of the conditions to my better half). My wish list
  • need it to be reliable
  • I want to spend less than $45k
  • would like to get one that is not crazy beat up(hoping to buy a used street queen)I need this to last forever
  • 2013 or higher(need hid and backup camera)
  • would love to get the beadlock wheel option, however open to aftermarket wheels
  • color black/ however depending on my mood that day it might change
Now I know the engineers at ford are no dummies, they know what they are doing. Gen 2 would be more poweful, efficient, faster and lighter than Gen 1. Some of you will disagree with me. I am hoping when the new one comes out a lot of people will be looking to upgrade and the price of used ones should come down further.... This is getting long...With all this said in my mind I was ok with waiting till next year, however I have a problem, and I can't focus on my life & always shopping around, like way too much. I saw the truck listed below near me. It is slightly north of my range, let me know your thoughts on this, was this beat up or is it overpriced, or should I just wait till next year.
Link for raptor
Appreciate the feedback

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it looks like a fair price and a nice truck. I would inspect the truck thoroughly (if you can), drive it to see how it sounds and feels, then make them a low offer say in the $41k to $43k range (use the higher mileage and whatever other small imperfections you may find against them) knowing full well your max price is $45k. Just my .02. Hope you can steal it! :hitit:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't hesitate. Inspect it. Drive it. Like it? Buy it!

These are the most fun trucks you will ever own (IMO) and others feel the same way and are contemplating buying this very truck. We've seen it around here a lot, some guy sitting the fence and missing out on a great deal......

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ruby, if you you are gonna take the time to check it out and drive, be ready to drive it home. Look on this site and others, folks have um bought out from under them all the time for delaying! One guy on here had it happen just last week, with all of us saying don't delay. That being said, when you do bring her home you will own what I think is the finest truck ever made! Good Luck!!

OP
OP
H

hp1000

Reaction score
Nice find....however the color, silver was number 4 on my color list. Thanks though. I will have to go check out black one this weekend

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also agree with @2014RubyRed, go test drive one, and take your better half with you. We test drove a 14 F150 Supercrew 4x4, then a 14 Raptor Supercrew, she said to pay the extra money to get the Raptor due to the better ride. I never even had to talk her into it. :)

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find....however the color, silver was number 4 on my color list. Thanks though. I will have to go check out black one this weekend

It's $2k less, 20k fewer miles, and has beadlock wheels. I would snatch it up, see if the silver color grows on you and vinyl wrap it any color you want if it doesn't.