Newbie in the Bay Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
Hello folks, I purchased my 2019 Raptor in October and had it shipped from Minnesota to CA. This is big upgrade from my 2010 XLT F-150 and I'm loving it so far. Since it arrived, I had the raptor side graphic removed, installed a short radio antenna, applied a Turtle Wax ceramic coating, and added a storage bin under the rear seat. I hunt waterfowl in the East bay refuges and so far the truck has been outstanding on the rough gravel roads and mud. Trying to keep it clean, that's the challenge.hah.
I do have a question for you guys- What are you using to clean the interior surfaces? I don't like the super shiny armor all look. I picked up some interior cleaner from Chemical Guys, but I'm not a fan of my truck smelling like a Pina Colada. The Adams interior cleaner says it's cherry scented and that's not appealing to me either. Do any of you know of a quality cleaner that doesn't have a strong smell? Pics of the truck before delivery and in my driveway are below.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0228.PNG

IMG_0216.jpg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new truck. Looks like you thawed it out.

Lots of good info here in the forum. There is a detailing section as well.

There are detailing sprays and Protectants for the interior that are no shine. I have a couple of them, but need to hit my garage and get the info off the bottles LOL

Feel free to msg me if I don’t get back to you shortly.

Enjoy that truck.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I've had great luck using a quick detailer and microfiber towel on everything but the carpet, floor mats and windows. Also, get yourself a detail brush. The brushes really make it easy to clean the small gaps and crevices all over the dash, vents, console and door cards. The detail brushes really makes a big difference in the finished product.

My quick detailer of choice has been Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice but I'm sure there are dozens out there that will work great. For me, it was everything it claimed to be short of cleaning the glass. The glass will look nice and streak-free if you use it on it but I found within a week the glass would develope a film on it.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Nice looking truck. I am also in the Bay Area ( San Bruno ) I use Chemical Guys and it works for me, they have one called interior clean with no stupid smell to it at all. I have my co-pilot ( 70lbs Austrian Shepard ) in my truck all the time and the interior clean does a good job of cleaning after him.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score