New (worthless) article from Jalopnik

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
If those snowflake bloggers were still in college they be frequenting safe spaces playing with Lego's sipping hot cocoa. I'd kick every one of them in the mangina if I could. Especially Patrick George...what a frickin man child

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, Jalopnik caters to the snarky car enthusiast crowd, so I tend to dismiss that sort of thing in their reviews. The takeaway for me, though, is that they didn't find anything to bitch about in what would be the truck's "weakest" use case... twisting mountain roads. Pretty much EVERY other use case will cater more to the truck's strengths... so I only expect the impressions to improve from here.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the review was mostly glowing - some people will complain about anything.

The TFL review that's up isn't nearly as complimentary of the truck's road handling. But then, those three idiots have so few clues about what they're doing that I'm surprised they can regularly get into a truck without running themselves over.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Chris.

Sounds like an off-road marvel! Very positive review about the Gen 2's effortless abilities. I'm excited. :)

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The new Raptor sits on all-terrain BF Goodrich KO2 tires. These came out a couple years ago and have basically been considered the benchmark for daily drivers that go off-road. "

False. These are entirely new from the current KO2.
Nice of you to leave off the rest of their statement about the tires:

BF Goodrich’s reps have explained that the KO2 has received some minor tweaks for treatment as the new Raptor’s stock rubber. Apparently to make it quieter and more complaint, which it certainly is.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm curious what those changes are supposed to be.

What happens when you need new tires - will you be able to get 'raptor edition' KO2's from anywhere? Just Ford? Nowhere?

Or when you need them do they just go 'JK, they're the same as every other KO2 we sell'.