New to forum and just brought home 2018 Raptor 802a package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use a relay to turn on lights whenever you you turn on the headlights...BUT what for?....just to "look cool"?...I ask because if you go to all the trouble to mount and wire in fog lights run lights, run units that basically kick ass!...there are several manufactures that make really well built and high output lighting. It's a Raptor, don't run some cheap silly "Pep Boys" yellow lights to drive around town to look cool...
Just my opinion...

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. Your last statement beginning with "its a Raptor" is my attitude exactly. I went with Rigid, dropped around a grand, but I tell you what, they LOOK like I spent that much too. Paid for install and have all 3 lights wired into my overhead switches. Do NOT go cheap with this truck, it'll stand out like a sore thumb and You will eventually hate it. Thanks Loufish

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I don’t spend money upgrading this truck. Considering I will trade it in for the 2021/22 version, I will be very careful on my upgrades. If u plan to keep it for a while he’ll yes upgrade the beast!
For now will be tonneau cover and fog lights next. Hope I don’t get those honey badger bumpers.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HI all, I like everything so far about my Raptor except the fact there are fog light cut outs but no factory options for fog lights.. I am not good with slicing wires or re-wiring. Basically just plug and play for me. What would be an affordable option for me to get fog lights that would have a factory look hooked up? Also would there be an easy way to have them come on and off automatically like my headlamps do or would i have to hook them up to one of the ceiling switches and manually turn it off and on? How difficult is that without any electrical experience if that is what has to be done? Any advice, suggestions or websites to how this can be done would greatly be appreciated.
TIA!

Baja Designs makes the best lights hands down. They make 3 awesome kits for the Gen2 Raptors (available here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/raptor-2017-lighting-kits/)

However if you want to save a bit of cash, we also have our own brackets which are very high quality. We offer them with the Baja Designs lights and this also allows you to really pick/choose which lights you go with. You can save some cash when ya go with our own in-house kit, as we're basically discounting the brackets to you to help save some cash: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-s2-squadron-lights/

What makes this kit nice is that you can REALLY adjust your lights up/down/left/right/forward/back. You are not locked into a setup. So if you want to aim your spots up, you can. Or you can aim them down. you can go with whatever style light you want from a wide pattern (great for fogs) to a combination pattern.

Now the kit is 100% plug and play. Everything just staps right in. You don't need to do any cutting or wire splicing. You'll tap right into your OEM upfitters with a quick connect plug that is included with the kit. That means you can control each of the 3 pairs of lights, from 3 different upfitters. The hardest part is figuring out WHICH lenses you want :)

Shoot me a message, email me ([email protected]) or call us (866-991-4331) and ca wen go over some of the popular setups and put together a kit based on YOUR driving style.

This is a 2018 we just outfitted with this kit:

Brackets1__05894.1545980371.jpg

Brackets2__81182.1545980373.jpg

Brackets4__86645.1545980380.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The unlimited kit is very popular. I think the BD Pro Kit (or our kit w/Pro lights to save a bit of cash) is the best combination.

S2 Pros in Wide Cornering
Squadron Pros in Driving/Combo
Squadron Pros in Driving/Combo Amber

That's my favorite kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter