New to forum and just brought home 2018 Raptor 802a package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondain86

Reaction score
HI all, I like everything so far about my Raptor except the fact there are fog light cut outs but no factory options for fog lights.. I am not good with slicing wires or re-wiring. Basically just plug and play for me. What would be an affordable option for me to get fog lights that would have a factory look hooked up? Also would there be an easy way to have them come on and off automatically like my headlamps do or would i have to hook them up to one of the ceiling switches and manually turn it off and on? How difficult is that without any electrical experience if that is what has to be done? Any advice, suggestions or websites to how this can be done would greatly be appreciated.
TIA!

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI all, I like everything so far about my Raptor except the fact there are fog light cut outs but no factory options for fog lights.. I am not good with slicing wires or re-wiring. Basically just plug and play for me. What would be an affordable option for me to get fog lights that would have a factory look hooked up? Also would there be an easy way to have them come on and off automatically like my headlamps do or would i have to hook them up to one of the ceiling switches and manually turn it off and on? How difficult is that without any electrical experience if that is what has to be done? Any advice, suggestions or websites to how this can be done would greatly be appreciated.
TIA!

Congrats! I just got a 18 Lead Foot for the wife last night and have been looking for the same thing. There are plenty of options for mounting various setups but what I am looking for is installing a factory switch from another model so it works like factory. CJ has a bracket that houses 3 lamps per side. But I would like to run 1 off a factory fog switch if possible and the reminder off of the upfitter switches. I hope someone chimes in and point us in the right direction. In the meantime, I will keep looking around. If I find something, I will let you know.

Last edited:

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rough Country mount right in really easily. They have new day light running light series that just came out

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m my opinion the Ford Raptor Lights bezel give you the best look as it fills in the hole and looks stock. As mentioned, tons of different options for lights from DOT approved to full out racing ones from Baja Design. FRL has some great sales going on as I have some on the way I ordered this week. As far as wiring not sure as I have not installed them yet. Congrats on the truck as you will love it!

Rick Johnson

Reaction score
Fordraptorlights.com Baja Designs Squadron Pro + 2 KC HiLights - I love them and have them wired to three upfitter switches with a perfectly designed wiring harness. Three wires to splice. Chat with jeff. He is very helpful and I'll bet he can help you with custom wiring options. I have since made three more purchases from him.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can use a relay to turn on lights whenever you you turn on the headlights...BUT what for?....just to "look cool"?...I ask because if you go to all the trouble to mount and wire in fog lights run lights, run units that basically kick ass!...there are several manufactures that make really well built and high output lighting. It's a Raptor, don't run some cheap silly "Pep Boys" yellow lights to drive around town to look cool...
Just my opinion...

OP
OP
M

Mondain86

Reaction score
I NEED DOT street legal white Fog lights. Preferably ones that would come on when my lights come on. I could careless if they're hooked up to the AUX switches and would rather they come on with my lights but I'm sure that would be a pain. Police in my area (Detroit) pull you over for anything. Especially if they see my lights aren't DOT compliant

Last edited:

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
JW Speaker does a DOT legal light bar I believe.