New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So someone that knows more than me please explain why the addition of adapters is necessary?

Also, the tips are slip fit so a matte black powder coat would not be an issue.

Bull, what do you mean by intercoold carbon tips???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) simple, it's an off-road truck. Ford designed the adapters to allow flex in the exhaust system, it's a very smart design. The guys at SW thought they were smart by elimination it, watch as they make changes to fix it. If they are smart they will bundle SPD adapters with their new downpipe.

2) Check Borlas video and watch at the end. They're beautiful.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) simple, it's an off-road truck. Ford designed the adapters to allow flex in the exhaust system, it's a very smart design. The guys at SW thought they were smart by elimination it, watch as they make changes to fix it. If they are smart they will bundle SPD adapters with their new downpipe.

2) Check Borlas video and watch at the end. They're beautiful.

I guess what I don't understand is what flexes? The downpipe is bolted to the turbo with an adapter i between? If so, how does this allow more flex? I mean if it's all torqued down it would seem that there would still be no flex that would allow movement. Also, for those of us that don't plan on off roading what's the difference..and I would assume there are more that won't than will.

Just trying to have a firm understanding!

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The adapter in between is like a breaking point, with shock it doesn't matter how the bolts are torqd it's not a solid piece of metal.

D

Deleted member 12951

simple, it's an off-road truck. Ford designed the adapters to allow flex in the exhaust system, it's a very smart design. The guys at SW thought they were smart by elimination it, watch as they make changes to fix it. If they are smart they will bundle SPD adapters with their new downpipe.

The adapter in between is like a breaking point, with shock it doesn't matter how the bolts are torqd it's not a solid piece of metal.

Okay looks like the SW downpipe will have a cracking or warping. The engineer had no idea what he was doing with this design, figured no adapter would help with flow. Perhaps true, but it will have issues.

Hey Bullishit, I mean Bullishone or whatever you call yourself.

Why don't you show some respect for a supporting vendor here and call and talk to SW instead of talking ******** about a vendor publicly who supports this forum unlike you. If you have an issue with their design or engineers or their company in general, post it in their section or post it in the review section. Respect buddy.

@SWChris
@Stainless Works

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bullishit, I mean Bullishone or whatever you call yourself.

Why don't you show some respect for a supporting vendor here and call and talk to SW instead of talking ******** about a vendor publicly who supports this forum unlike you. If you have an issue with their design or engineers or their company in general, post it in their section or post it in the review section. Respect buddy.

@SWChris
@Stainless Works

No big deal man, but insulting someone by calling them ******** doesn't exactly get your point across. Simply saying hey why don't you speak with SW would have sufficed. His point is valid btw. Maybe they can shed some light on it without starting a war.

D

Deleted member 12951

No big deal man, but insulting someone by calling them ******** doesn't exactly get your point across. Simply saying hey why don't you speak with SW would have sufficed. His point is valid btw. Maybe they can shed some light on it without starting a war.

Yeah my mistake, I got ONE and IT mixed up in his name, I did keep the I in between though.

:specialed:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah my mistake, I got ONE and IT mixed up in his name, I did keep the I in between though.

:specialed:
Yeah no need for insult. I didn't call anyone a liar either. I'm right about the lack of an adapter and flex, and I'm happy to share my thoughts with people. You can be a bitter person if you'd like, whatever makes you happy. :)

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

I took the plunge on the full system. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I will ever be rock crawling this truck. Maybe some field runs or out at the dunes but seriously off-roading it..not going to happen.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Can stop the arguing now since none of this solves the problem of the ecoboost sounding like a wet fart. Live with the crap you bought.