New SPD Performance HX Series Raptor Muffler Replacement available to Pre-order at Apollo Optics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techyo

Reaction score
i got mine in today, having it installed next week. i have the xpipe installed so i currently have drone at 2k rpm, going to do a before and after video for comparison. this is supposed to reduce drone and cruise noise and improve WOT noise.

SN8KE

Reaction score
I recently installed the trombone and HX-Series muffler. This thread pointed me this direction based on the praise it received. The thought of great sound (for 6cyl), minimal drone and great highway cruising DB, I ordered as soon as I could. Lead time for both parts were right at the 5 week mark. Superb craftsmanship by SPD on both parts.

For context, this is on my 2020 SCREW. 41K miles. I replaced the stock resonator and muffler, retained the dual tailpipes. Trombone came with pipe coupler/joiner for connection to driver side downpipe. Passenger side downpipe connection required use of the OEM exhaust sleeve clamp. For the connection of the trombone to the HX-Series muffler, the driver side required use of the OEM exhaust sleeve clamp. SPD provided exhaust clamp for connection from trombone to muffler on the passenger side. Two more exhaust clamps provided for connection to each tailpipe.

I've tried to attach video of before and after install, not sure if it went through or not. Sounds great from a cold start. Didn't rev it before or after for comparison sake since it was late and didn't want to **** off the neighbors. Didn't even drive it the night of install since it was as late. Once I drove it, fun was over as the drone was so intense. So incredibly intense I question if it was installed correctly or not. Positioning, connections and clamps triple checked. Before anyone comes in hot with the ole "shouldn't have bought an aftermarket exhaust if you didn't want it loud" crap. I've had my fare of exhaust systems on multiple motorsports platforms so this isn't a situation of inexperience or lack of know how. Some may get it twisted but I am all about taking the heat if by some chance it was user error when installing. I am not a big fan of having to reuse the OEM pipe coupler and OEM sleeve clamps but I used what was provided by SPD. Heeded caution when removing the OEM hardware knowing I needed to reuse it.

I hope through this thread I can find a fix in my current predicament. I've reached out to SPD to seek out their advice/help. I want this system to work for me more than anyone, meaning, not here to bash or talk $#%& on SPD. Just being transparent about my experience so far. Open to any and all advice on remedying this issue.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently installed the trombone and HX-Series muffler. This thread pointed me this direction based on the praise it received. The thought of great sound (for 6cyl), minimal drone and great highway cruising DB, I ordered as soon as I could. Lead time for both parts were right at the 5 week mark. Superb craftsmanship by SPD on both parts.
And how do you like it?

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Please post up your thoughts.

SN8KE

Reaction score

@nikhsub1 @Kyle@Apollo-Optics sounds amazing from 4K'ish - 6K'ish RMP. Drone is straight up atrocious below 3K RMP in all 10 gears for me so far.​

I'd love to get my video to upload here but no luck so far. I may have to go the instagram route as Kyle did in earlier posts.

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

@nikhsub1 @Kyle@Apollo-Optics sounds amazing from 4K'ish - 6K'ish RMP. Drone is straight up atrocious below 3K RMP in all 10 gears for me so far.​

I'd love to get my video to upload here but no luck so far. I may have to go the instagram route as Kyle did in earlier posts.
You have stock down pipes correct?

Mine I hear a deeper tone and actually hear the exhaust quite a bit louder down low. I’ll get some videos up from my way into work in the morning. I drive 18mi each way