New Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toolbox

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently traded in my Tacoma for a new 2017 Raptor and couldn't be happier. I have done my research and the consensus is that you shouldn't throw a lift or mess with the suspension on these trucks as Ford has spent the money to develop it.

However, I do want my truck to sit higher. The two ways I gather that you can do this is to go with either Icon/Fox/King coilovers, or playing with the perch.

Since I spent all that money on the suspension from Ford, buying coilovers seem like a waste. Would the SVC Coil Adjustment System mess up the ride of the truck? I am heavily leaning towards this route.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays!

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with RPG 1.5” collars to bring the front up a tad - nothing on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I freaked out about this same decision. I bought all the parts before my truck arrived and loved it so much when i picked it up, i got scared to change it!

But i pulled the trigger anyway....

I just finished my truck with SVC CAS, Deaver +3s (1" taller ish) and BFG 37s (also did the camburg UCAs). It's definitely taller. I didn't take any measurements but level i'd say about 3-4" in front and 2" in back.

The ride with the CAS cranked up on stock springs is about 20% stiffer than stock. SVC did all the work and they are fantastic. Very responsive to my ridiculous questions, did amazing work; my truck is dialed.

For me this was a great starting point to see if I liked the setup and wanted to stay on 37s. I've got about 500 miles on it like this would recommend. If you like it you can always change to Geiser springs down the road or swap to the Fox or King setup.

If you are staying on 35s and don't carry a butt load of stuff, stay with the +2 rear (stock ride height) or run the +3s with SDHQ or RPG drop shackles.

Jae

Reaction score
So I freaked out about this same decision. I bought all the parts before my truck arrived and loved it so much when i picked it up, i got scared to change it!

But i pulled the trigger anyway....

I just finished my truck with SVC CAS, Deaver +3s (1" taller ish) and BFG 37s (also did the camburg UCAs). It's definitely taller. I didn't take any measurements but level i'd say about 3-4" in front and 2" in back.

The ride with the CAS cranked up on stock springs is about 20% stiffer than stock. SVC did all the work and they are fantastic. Very responsive to my ridiculous questions, did amazing work; my truck is dialed.

For me this was a great starting point to see if I liked the setup and wanted to stay on 37s. I've got about 500 miles on it like this would recommend. If you like it you can always change to Geiser springs down the road or swap to the Fox or King setup.

If you are staying on 35s and don't carry a butt load of stuff, stay with the +2 rear (stock ride height) or run the +3s with SDHQ or RPG drop shackles.

how you liking it now

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other option up front is springs (e.g. Geiser Bros. progressive springs)