New Raptor owner in VA!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is not a thread on the roll-x but I just installed one. What's your question?

Does anyone know of a thread about bak industries roll-x cover. I have one on my truck and had some questions about how it should fit at the tailgate. Any help you guys could give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Big Furr

Big Furr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is that I am not sure if the cover is fitting properly near the tailgate. I have gaps on both sides where the rails meet up with the tailgate. Meaning the rails of the cover are longer then the cover itself, so it doesn't allow the cover to sit flat near the tailgate. I will try to get some pics tomorrow of the problem so that everyone can see the issue. Any help in the mean time would be great, thanks!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please post pics. And having the rails longer than the cover is a good thing.

What is the position of the rails toward the cab? I'm going to assume you have the rails pushed way up against the cab. If this is the case then readjust the rails by moving it towards the bed then adjust the cover accordingly. I hope this makes sense.

My question is that I am not sure if the cover is fitting properly near the tailgate. I have gaps on both sides where the rails meet up with the tailgate. Meaning the rails of the cover are longer then the cover itself, so it doesn't allow the cover to sit flat near the tailgate. I will try to get some pics tomorrow of the problem so that everyone can see the issue. Any help in the mean time would be great, thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Furr

Big Furr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, didnt get a chance to take some pics today will do tomorrow. My rail is flush with the rear bulk head of the truck bed and over hangs the tailgate by about an inch. I have re-adjusted the cover and it fits good for the most part. The big issue is that the cover just will not sit flat at the tailgate. It is almost like the mechanism that locks the sides in place is keeping it from lying flat. I hope that you can understand what I am trying to say and I like said I will get pics tomorrow for sure. Thanks again

OP
OP
Big Furr

Big Furr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4770-image.jpg

4769-image.jpg

4768-image.jpg

4767-image.jpg

4766-image.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Sorry the pics are all out of alignment, but I could not get them to line up right. Pics are of how the cover is not sitting flush at the tailgate. I think the locking mechanisms are the reason it is not lying flat. Any thoughts or experience with this problem would be great. Thanks