new raptor owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bet on black

Reaction score
i bought a 2010 scab raptor last month, and love it so far. it had 117k on the clock when i picked it up for $21k.

i had a bit of bad luck already, as so far it has lost a wheel bearing/hub on the highway while 170 miles from home, while picking up my 6 year old daughter. i had it towed to a Ford dealer in that city, since it was too far to tow home. the tech claimed it had excessive play in the axle shafts, and wanted $4700 to rebuild. i had them change the hub, and pull the front driveshaft so i could drive it home and keep it from going into 4x4 until the front axle is repaired.

so now i'm rebuilding an axle assembly with a ford torsen diff, 4.10 gears, and all new bearings/seals to swap out for the worn out stock one.

this is my third SVT truck, as i was an original owner of a 2003 ford lightning that i sold to buy the raptor as well as a 1993 ford lightning.

last year i built a 4x4 '99 ford e350 to be a family highway warrior. 2013 f350 axles, 7.3L diesel motor, custom interior. we have a place in southern CO and drive there at least once a month during ski season.

also i play with old cars. i have a 1953 buick special that i drive on weekends/fridays. also building a 1959 chevy truck and a 1947 gmc flatbed truck.

pics attached of some of the fleet...

IMG_6897.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_6317.JPG