New Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Well I found a new Raptor, 2019 Ruby Red with 802A package. Has carbon fiber, tailgate step, sun roof (which I could live without).

It's really nice. Dealer offered me $31,000 for my 2014 F150 FX4 supercrew, and wants MSRP @ $72,680.00

I'm really thinking hard about getting it but I didn't care for them telling me the offer is only good till tomorrow, LOL!

houstonjean88

Reaction score
Hey man not sure where you're located but here in Texas a lot of dealers are all asking for MSRP on 19s, and discounting 18s ~ 7%

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Tech package? at that price I would imagine so. you’d owe 41,680. How do the numbers look?

is the trade a good one, close to book numbers?

MSRP is too high, there are dealers and private posters advertising of sub MSRP deals here weekly.
Dealers order fully provisioned 802A Raptors and then tend to get a little money sick. At least mine the forum for recent posts and try to run down an under MSRP deal.

If you find a dealer who will take an order, you can order remotely, have the truck delivered locally - that’s what the destination charge covers. You just have to coordinate with the 2 dealers. If you are not in an order position, consider some out of state options.

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Tech package? at that price I would imagine so. you’d owe 41,680. How do the numbers look?

is the trade a good one, close to book numbers?

MSRP is too high, there are dealers and private posters advertising of sub MSRP deals here weekly.
Dealers order fully provisioned 802A Raptors and then tend to get a little money sick. At least mine the forum for recent posts and try to run down an under MSRP deal.

If you find a dealer who will take an order, you can order remotely, have the truck delivered locally - that’s what the destination charge covers. You just have to coordinate with the 2 dealers. If you are not in an order position, consider some out of state options.

Yes it also has the Raptor's Technology Package.

I believe it's a fair offer for my vehicle . It only has 52,*** miles on it though . Also, if I did find one on here a little under MSRP, it may be more difficult to do a trade .

I'd also be putting down $25,000 in cash.

They are charging me $1,595.00 for destination and delivery which is part of the price.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I believe it's a fair offer for my vehicle . It only has 52,*** miles on it though . Also, if I did find one on here a little under MSRP, it may be more difficult to do a trade .

Negotiate cost of purchase and trade value as separate discussions entirely. I generally search without the plan to trade in a vehicle and if the plans change, as they often do, then I discuss a trade. if the numbers are favorable I’ll go for it. it sounds like you’ve gotten the numbers to where they work for you and that’s what matters.

Well, if it checks all the boxes, you should pull the trigger

Yeah, what he said. Look, let’s all be honest here. You’re on here to validate your choice and decision to purchase, which you’ve already decided upon. That is to say, you want a Raptor, possibly this Raptor. I’m going to reveal a secret here, but don’t share it with anyone else.

The membership of FRF are not going to try and talk you out of buying a Raptor. (typed quietly with my inside keystrokes)
:)

Life is too short to quibble over the insignificant stuff. SO, in the interest of increasing the Raptor owning community-

Like Cowboy Coward told Ned Beatty in the movie Deliverance:
“Don’t say anything, just DO it”.

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
If it is what you want, do it. You MIGHT find one a lower cost, or you might not. It is also possible that this one could be sold. I say pull the trigger and you will love it.

Well I ended up getting another $500.00 for my trade and they sold it @ MSRP $71,880.00 + $199.00 admin. fee + $2.50 for a total of $72,081.50.

I still owed $9,109.61 = $49,691.11 minus $25,000 cash down payment.

Balance: $24,691.11 @ 3.99% interest.

Looked my truck up and selling it @ retail was $29,*** and trade was $24,***-$25,***.

So the way I see it I got @ least $2,500 under MRSP and that's on a trade so I'm really happy about the deal.

It was the last day of February and they said the needed one more sale and there was no way they'd stand behind that offer on Friday, March 1st.

They really wanted my truck bad. Maybe steel ones with low mileage and in great shape are selling somewhere at a high price.

I don't know about all that but I'm happy and think I did ok.

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Well I ended up getting another $500.00 for my trade and they sold it @ MSRP $71,880.00 + $199.00 admin. fee + $2.50 for a total of $72,081.50.

I still owed $9,109.61 = $49,691.11 minus $25,000 cash down payment.

Balance: $24,691.11 @ 3.99% interest.

Looked my truck up and selling it @ retail was $29,*** and trade was $24,***-$25,***.

So the way I see it I got @ least $2,500 under MRSP and that's on a trade so I'm really happy about the deal.

It was the last day of February and they said the needed one more sale and there was no way they'd stand behind that offer on Friday, March 1st.

I don't know about all that but I'm happy and think I did ok.