New Product Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Raptor_Al_41 did Ford say what made your power steering pump go out on you?

Nope..... But after I saw this and read it, I took this thread to the Ford D'ship and told them about it. They werent at all interested and I asked if I could keep my warranty if I installed it.. I told them I would rather not have it go out in another 20k miles :Grenade:. So reluctantly, they said sure you can keep the warranty... They could see what the problem was clearly and I guess they figured I would put it on anyway:peace:

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys leave the working women out of this. We are all paying for it one way or another! Come to think of it my Raptor might be a little ****** with a phat ass. She's always moaning at me when I stick my foot in her gas and I'm always dumping money all over her.

Cant wait for pricing on this mod! Definite first RPG purchase!

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jarrett and Corey, you are for sure on top of things. The first time I took my Raptor to the sand was in October last year and the power steering was crazy loud. I went to the local auto parts store and add a bit more fluid and it quieted things down a bit. It still makes noise if I run a long sand wash and really work the steering. So, the next thing I did was stuff a little chunk of fuel cell foam inside the reservoir, a secret we use to do with the old Class 8 GMC truck we raced in Baja. This slows down the turbulence as you mentioned and balances out the flow. Last week I was looking at Howe and a couple other power steering reservoirs when I ran across your post here. Sounds much easier than adapting one myself.

If you make it black... Add me to the "Want List"

Guys this really should do the trick in my eyes! Gary

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jarrett and Corey, you are for sure on top of things. The first time I took my Raptor to the sand was in October last year and the power steering was crazy loud. I went to the local auto parts store and add a bit more fluid and it quieted things down a bit. It still makes noise if I run a long sand wash and really work the steering. So, the next thing I did was stuff a little chunk of fuel cell foam inside the reservoir, a secret we use to do with the old Class 8 GMC truck we raced in Baja. This slows down the turbulence as you mentioned and balances out the flow. Last week I was looking at Howe and a couple other power steering reservoirs when I ran across your post here. Sounds much easier than adapting one myself.

If you make it black... Add me to the "Want List"

Guys this really should do the trick in my eyes! Gary

Exactly! It has to be black...

Good call on the foam... Cheap fix till RPG releases their upgrade..

-Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc