New owner of 2013 eco raptor n so cal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bed sides and front fender are glass and where riveted, front raptor fiberglass hood with front and rear raptor bumpers, front has raptor suspension upper and lower control arms and rear shocks came off a 2014 raptor.

Don't fool yourself, son. You don't own a Raptor, and you'll find that out when you either take it off road or try to sell it.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm getting in city 10mpg and hwy 13.9mpg, I plan on re gearing since it has stock 3.11 gears on 35s

Good to know. I've had a few , let's call them "conversation" with some folks here that swear a truck with an ecoboost running 35's will get a lot better mileage than a 6.2. Even with gearing you will probably be getting about the same as a raptor motor. I'd guess you will go up to 12-13

OP
OP
D

Dezrat420

Reaction score
Don't fool myself, this is coming from someone that lives in Alabama. Come on guy u think I'm some young kid that doesn't know much bout off road when all u guys up there just drive through mud pits and not like our deserts where I have plaster city, superstition and ocotillo wells. Come out to Cali and I'll show u how we do it out here.

OP
OP
D

Dezrat420

Reaction score
Good to know. I've had a few , let's call them "conversation" with some folks here that swear a truck with an ecoboost running 35's will get a lot better mileage than a 6.2. Even with gearing you will probably be getting about the same as a raptor motor. I'd guess you will go up to 12-13

The guy that I bought the truck from build a 2011 eco boost with long travel and runnin 37s and swapped the rear end from a raptor, and those come with 4:10s and said is getting better millage then me since stock gearing on my truck is 3:11

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I know it's not that's why u won't find a raptor emblem no where on my truck. I have the same suspension set up as raptors. My truck would keep up with ur stock raptors, while my pre runner that I build would handle the whoops better then the rest of u runnin ur mouths. Thanks everyone else with the positive feed backs.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The guy that I bought the truck from build a 2011 eco boost with long travel and runnin 37s and swapped the rear end from a raptor, and those come with 4:10s and said is getting better millage then me since stock gearing on my truck is 3:11

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I know it's not that's why u won't find a raptor emblem no where on my truck. I have the same suspension set up as raptors. My truck would keep up with ur stock raptors, while my pre runner that I build would handle the whoops better then the rest of u runnin ur mouths. Thanks everyone else with the positive feed backs.

oooooooooooh a pre runner, got any pics, everyone loves a good pre runner!!!

RazorSharpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is interesting! It's like a rough draft of what to expect in 2016's rumored Raptors. The MPGs resulting from a retrofitted ecoboost + raptor bits answers a lot of what-ifs at the gas pump, and apples/oranges comparisons between the 6.2L and alleged high-output/low-cost motors. This little frankenstein's monster can provide the forum with unique input. I say welcome! I'm out in Palmdale.