New Nav Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfer

Reaction score
Just got the letter in the mail about the new update for the Nav system. Update 5.1x current on my two month old raptor is 4.1x. Supposedly the new update has enhanced voice recognition, up to date maps, improved grace notes, improved traffic functions etc. Does anybody have any info on this? Is it worth 200 bucks? Seems to me my truck would have come with this seeing that it is only two months old. Link: www.navigation.com/fordupdate

Last edited:

fbmdkgad

Reaction score
I received the letter as well. I thought $200 was pricey for a 1 yr old truck. $200 for a 2mo old truck, VERY pricey.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Hell my 2011 is 15 mos old and I thought it was too much. Of course if they hadn't sent me FREE updates for the wife's 2011 MKX I maybe wouldn't mind. :flipthebird:

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find $200 a little absurd. I'll hold off for now until I start running into some issues with the maps or anything. Until then, I'm good.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same letter. I agree with it being TOOOOOOO pricy. The update should be free or close to it!!!

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered it. I did a 2K mile road trip across CA, NV and UT and it was surprising how many miles of road were missing (especially around Reno/Carson City). Mine is a 2011, but it seems they came with 2010 maps.

Line 1
Product U2192-0075-203
Description Ford Clarion 2-DVD V05.1X
Quantity 1
Item Status Active
Total Line Item -Value 199.00 USD

I also got an Activation Code to enter when the DVD kit shows up.

Andy

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats weird to have to pay for it, our 2012 focus had the 2011 maps and older updates and just last week I took it in and they updated the system and gave us the new 2012 gps sd card, which we got another in the mail so now we have 2 lol. does the raptors nav use a sd card or a dvd disk? I dont care for nav so i opt'd out of it for my 2012 (wife loves it in the focus tho) so I dont even know the setup for them lol

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory Nav updates have always been absurdly priced and the main reason why I'll never pay for factory Nav. Got a Garmin 1450LMT for about $116 and it has lifetime maps and traffic. For the Factory Nav, you have to pay the cost for the option and then pay for map updates and xm travel info for it to be the most useful. Sorry to threadjack.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats weird to have to pay for it, our 2012 focus had the 2011 maps and older updates and just last week I took it in and they updated the system and gave us the new 2012 gps sd card, which we got another in the mail so now we have 2 lol. does the raptors nav use a sd card or a dvd disk? I dont care for nav so i opt'd out of it for my 2012 (wife loves it in the focus tho) so I dont even know the setup for them lol

Yeah, the wife's 2012 Focus got the update chip free in the mail last month.

Justafordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes no sense what so ever, we have to pay for updates on a $50K+ truck but they give them free on a Focus?

Last edited: