New Member - NOVA (DC Metro)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

TLDR - 2014 SCREW SE Tux Black ~970 miles - 55K local private sale

Today was a very bittersweet day for me. Today was the nail in the coffin for my 01 Performance Red Cobra (only 226 made literally none advertised on the interwebs for sale in the U.S. as I type this). I received confirmation that it is indeed a total loss (not my fault). I loved that car more than no other and it was as cherry a few weeks ago as when I bought it years ago coming back from the sandbox.

However, today I took delivery of a beautiful 2014 SCREW Special Edition in Tuxedo black. It was a long and arduous process and there are still some loose ends to tighten up dealing with title and registration but am glad to have found her a home and be a participant here.

There are a few raptors in my neighborhood actually (Meadowbrook Woods in Manassas); so please feel free to stop by and chat anytime as I am always willing to socialize with other SVT owners.

I have been lurking behind the scenes and other Raptor/Truck forums for a while even though I am an active participant on the corral.net site. I have been to many Ford and SVT events across the country and each one of them have been a blast.

As for the deal, I really do think I may have found a diamond in the rough.

Here is my story: After the cobra was hit I did some liquid cash & investment maneuvering and was in the hunt for something else. I put together a decision matrix (my wife thinks I'm crazy and OCD) and had a bunch of choices to sift through. Here were my options for a replacement; 2013-14 SCREW Raptor, 2012-2014 Shelby GT500, 2014 CTS VSport, CTS-V-anything with low miles or an unmolested sub 50K miles 03-04 Terminator.

After getting ready to drive ~350 miles to look at a Raptor out of state I came across a small ad on a automobile valuation website and found someone selling their 2014 SCREW SE with 976 miles within 10 miles from me. :0

I call the guy up as I was home healing from the accident and we chat for a bit soon to realize he needed to liquidate the truck ASAP. He was asking $56K and the truck was essentially new on the inside. The sticker was still on the headunit, the yellow tag on the 12v outlet, manuals still in cellophane etc.

The truck on the outside however, looked like hell. It has been sitting unused for at least six months from what I gather, leaves in the bed the whole nine yards. Anyways the guy was supercool to deal with, got the truck inspected (it had expired) had it detailed and has been easy to deal with. I am familiar with off road mod and can't wait to dive in here. My wife drives a slightly modded Voodoo blue FJ with 33s. We really are practical people just not with our vehicles!

Anyways I am glad to be here, I love love love the appreciation this forum provides to our warfighters and law enforcement. From an old Airborne Paratrooper - All The Way Airborne!

Josh if you are reading this - Thanks for the help once again steering me to the Raptor

Thanks for reading

P.S. Pics will follow soon (once I re-detail with some of Adams products) - promise

OP
OP
Cobra2Raptor

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, however NJOY it!

Thanks!

I forgot to add, since the truck has been sitting I'll be changing the oil (its original still) get a SD card for the GPS, update MFT (maps, software etc) and replace the wipers.

Can anyone recommended other preventative things to do since the truck is over a year old and less than 1K miles on it?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

love2huntnfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same age as mine, but I got a few more miles on her. Just did a complete synthetic switch over. Chris at Freedom Motorsports was great to deal with, they will walk you through what products you'll need and the exact quantities if u decide to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, I would personally run some Lucas fuel injection cleaner thru her for the first fill up. Just in case it has been sitting with old fuel. Fuel with ethanol tends to attract moisture.