New member from the Netherlands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, he ordered a Raptor and had it delivered to Europe faster than mine took living 30 miles from the assembly plant.

OP
OP
wjn

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NL has the highest taxes in the world. They get taxed at a 41 to a 52% rate when they earn any money. Then a tax when they spend, expecialy on items the PC folks hate, like a truck. The truck tax rate is 20%, and when he fills up the gas tank, the Europeans tax all gas at a 50% to 55% tax as well.

The evil USA has a effective 26% tax rate when you earn money, here in MD I pay a 6% sales tax, and my fuel is taxed around the 25% rate (both fed and state taxes).

This is why my house in the USA is a McMansion, and they all live in a crappy small house.
You are not quite right with taxes, because they start at ca. 36%, up to ca. 70k€ you pay 38%, for the part above 70k€ 52%. And lots of arrangements to get tax back. That makes it complex.

Average dept per resident is 48k€ (and it is falling) over here, in the great USA that is $ 140.438 per resident (and this is rising).

And remember, America first, The Netherlands second:

Very nice Raptor, congrats! Yours must be one of the few Raptors in NL.

The luxury tax explains why I every passenger vehicle I saw was a Teslas in Amsterdam recently.
Yes, first 2019 as far as I know of.

The taxi drivers are stretching the use of superchargers. They use it to fully charge their Tesla's, instead of using them during a trip. Tesla build even a supercharger lot specially for them at Schiphol.