New member from St Louis, MO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh...dudette. =P

Corpus used to be a lot more fun before they started actually taking care of Padre Island National Seashore. Same with Matagorda, but here I am, packing up the camper for an extended weekend there. The coastal flooding last year made for really interesting beach runs. I regularly have four low spots I launch, but they were underwater...husband said he didn't buy me a toy to not play with, so water up over the hood was more fun than it should have been. Ahem. Did have to dry out the air filter, but whatevs.

All his family lives in OK. Okies... /shudders ...but I've heard some decent places are around to run, so if/when we go up that way again, that's probably going to have to be on the list. FML. lol

Awesome! I'd love to take a trip down to Texas in my truck sometime. Got a buddy that lives in Corpus, hell of a drive down there from St Louis though.

Definitely do that dude - am planning on going to as many places in MO/Southern IL as I can. Jeep buddy was talking about maybe a trip down to Oklahoma too, he says Little Sahara is pretty cool...

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh...dudette. =P

Corpus used to be a lot more fun before they started actually taking care of Padre Island National Seashore. Same with Matagorda, but here I am, packing up the camper for an extended weekend there. The coastal flooding last year made for really interesting beach runs. I regularly have four low spots I launch, but they were underwater...husband said he didn't buy me a toy to not play with, so water up over the hood was more fun than it should have been. Ahem. Did have to dry out the air filter, but whatevs.

All his family lives in OK. Okies... /shudders ...but I've heard some decent places are around to run, so if/when we go up that way again, that's probably going to have to be on the list. FML. lol

lol my bad! my girlfriend doesn't really get the offroading thing, she definitely didn't enjoy being in the truck with me hooning around in the sand. too bad, I think it's awesome. Probably more fun when you're doing the driving to be fair lol.

Not been to OK so have no idea what to expect... little Sahara does look cool though. It seems like all the really awesome offroad areas are miles and miles from me, I guess that's what I get for living in the middle of the country.

Beach runs sound awesome, drowning the truck, not so much fun lol. I'm itching to get mine into some mud ruts though and see what it can do. I'm more of a foot down / power through kinda guy so no real finesse lol.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We love to do it all. Perks of having been raised together in hick town, USA... He has launched his F250 a few times...it's a much easier landing in my Raptor. So much easier.

I'm only happy when my truck is dirty. The dealership tried to appease my anger by detailing my truck before bringing her out to me, and I lost my shit over my mud being gone. LOL I know, I know...you can get it dirty again, clean slate, etc...but that filth is a badge of honor.

All that having been stated, seriously, welcome to some of the most fun you will ever have! Take every adventure you possibly can!