New Member from SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bvita

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

Prospective (and hopefully) a future raptor owner here checking in. I came across this forum while searching around on google and figured this forum would help with some research getting into a new raptor.

I do see pretty much all of the raptors are marked up here in socal. This market adjustment pricing was already annoying as is when I picked up my TRD Pro back in 2015 lol

Which leads me to now, I enjoyed my Tacoma TRD Pro but I’ve always liked the Raptor and the new ones have grown on me a lot. I was considering on going LT on my tacoma as I want an upgrade from my standard MT king setup, but for the amount of cash.. I could possibly shop around for something new too.

Ideally, I am looking into a Oxford White or Performance Blue 802A/Recaro optioned truck!

Just to add some photos to the thread lol,
My 15’ Inferno TRD Pro
  • King 2.5 rr w/ comp adj
  • Total Chaos uca
  • alcan 2” leaf pack
  • BD squadron pros
  • Volk Racing Te37x with 315/75/16 km3’s
134ED19F-CE7D-446B-8BC4-F59541CFB1E7.jpeg CD23EF34-A68C-44E0-8733-0F53B5681E9E.jpeg

Cristian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You looking to buy new? If so I would wait a bit longer to see if they offer anything new for 2020. Also I wouldn’t buy in California the mark ups are crazy I would look out of state, fly and drive it back

OP
OP
bvita

bvita

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You looking to buy new? If so I would wait a bit longer to see if they offer anything new for 2020. Also I wouldn’t buy in California the mark ups are crazy I would look out of state, fly and drive it back

Correct, yea I’ll be waiting a few months. I’m in no rush.

I usually try and pick up vehicles at the end of the model year

OP
OP
bvita

bvita

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve contemplated getting one from Texas from a dealer I’ve seen that sells at msrp.

KDub

Reaction score
I’ve contemplated getting one from Texas from a dealer I’ve seen that sells at msrp.
Just be sure that it'll pass CA emissions requirements. There has to be a sticker under the hood saying so. A lot of out of state ones don't pass. I ran into this when looking to purchase one out of TX about a year ago and specifically asked whether it was all CA compliant. The answer was yes until I asked for a photo of the sticker or some kind of documentation.

Just google "CA Emissions Sticker Ford" for some examples of ok vs not ok

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in San Diego and ordered mine through Penske La Mesa at MSRP. Only took 2 month from order to pick-up.
I would see about ordering a 2020.

Last edited:

tooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be sure that it'll pass CA emissions requirements. There has to be a sticker under the hood saying so. A lot of out of state ones don't pass. I ran into this when looking to purchase one out of TX about a year ago and specifically asked whether it was all CA compliant. The answer was yes until I asked for a photo of the sticker or some kind of documentation.

Was about to say, just have one shipped, but forgot about this.

OP
OP
bvita

bvita

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have heard about that, but completely forgot about that point. Thank you!