New Member/socal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys! New owner here in socal. Always wanted a raptor since I was a kid and I finally decided to pull trigger when my Silverados transmission went out on me for the 4th time lol. Haven’t taken many pictures of her, but here she is in all her beauty. Couple concerns already and this may just be from my experience with my last truck but I noticed it’ll shift gears pretty harshly sometimes while I’m just sitting in traffic (low gears). Should I be concerned? 2018 btw

Attachments

• 4EDC7D71-E5CA-4EFE-BB4D-2CFA53502D69.jpeg
    4EDC7D71-E5CA-4EFE-BB4D-2CFA53502D69.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 1F452741-344B-4BE7-8725-C23EC6217380.jpeg
    1F452741-344B-4BE7-8725-C23EC6217380.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 20

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
#GingerRaptorsNeedLoveToo

The 10R80 has some examples in the field that can exhibit harsh shifting. A stealership should be able to check and validate programming is most current or get it there. There have been a few bulletins about harsh shifting for some model years. You can start by resetting the transmission adaptive learning - there’s a whole procedure for it. You can clear the tables with FORSCAN ( see thread “Forscan changes tweak your truck” ).
Then you’d need to do the follow up steps.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
@smurfslayer appreciate the advice, yeah I've been reading about some incidents on the forum. Fortunately I bought an extended warranty for 48k miles/4yrs for the peace of mind so I'm definitely gonna look into that just to avoid going to the stealership. Any other advice on things I should look out for? As I was leaving my house this morning I noticed my tailgate was open but I just assumed I pushed the button on the key since I've had it for a month and haven't had the issue. Hopefully its not a recurring problem since I tend to keep my golf gear and it would suck to lose it going down the freeway or have it stolen.