New member from Florida-Excited to be here-my first raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good for you. I'd be right behind you but my wife doesn't like Florida. Too hot and humid, she says. No, she wants to move to Northern Idaho. And she's closing in on 70. I said winter ain't no joke there. Give me hot and sunny any day.
Florida is awesome. It was a very easy decision with all that’s going on in ny.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m from ny and so I know exactly what you’re talking about. Moved here a few years ago with the rest of the ny refugees. So much better off-I would never go back. The only thing here is there aren’t many places to go off-roading like I’m used to. I need to make local friends who know the scene.
THere is quite a bit of stuff around Ocala and north of Tampa a bit. If you stay out of the swamp, its just nice and sandy for miles and miles.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THere is quite a bit of stuff around Ocala and north of Tampa a bit. If you stay out of the swamp, its just nice and sandy for miles and miles.
That’s exactly what I want. I’ll take a look around. Thanks

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said you used to Offroad in NY. Where? Ty.
Mostly on private property, I own some area in the adirondacks with a pretty wide range of features. There were a few places I went but can’t remember the names. Friends dragged me to some off road parks closer to the Hudson valley. Nothing too challenging. And certainly not able to fit a raptor. Maybe called northeast off road something.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mostly on private property, I own some area in the adirondacks with a pretty wide range of features. There were a few places I went but can’t remember the names. Friends dragged me to some off road parks closer to the Hudson valley. Nothing too challenging. And certainly not able to fit a raptor. Maybe called northeast off road something.
Yes back in 2017 with my first Raptor I went up Hunter Mtn in the spring with Northeast off road. Ty.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Welcome aboard to the madness from a fellow Floridian. Sounds like you know what you want and are well on the way toward your goals. Enjoy your “R”!