New Gen2 Raptor owner in Northern Michigan... or is it a Raptor.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordbos

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2017 a couple months ago with some heavy rear end damage. After welding on a new back half of the frame I decided to take my Screw 5.0 and turn it into a full blown Raptor. All of the body work has been handled with factory new and take off components. I am currently in the process of welding in new coil buckets for my factory gen 2 coilovers. I do like this truck a lot and drove it for a month as a regular F-150 just to see how I felt about Ford products. I come from a world of Nissan prerunner trucks and wanted to do something a little nicer for hauling my newborn child. So far so good though. I am here to buy parts and take advice on big upgrades I can do as time goes on. I do not plan to leave it with all factory raptor suspension forever but found it to be a good starting point. I think I found bump stops are a great starting point. All advice is appreciated. psst I am looking for some front lower control arms right now.20230417_184643.jpg20230417_184621.jpg

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
interesting build you have going. Enjoy her and welcome. Browse the garage sale section as you might find some parts or LCA's for sale there. Good luck with the build.

OP
OP
trevordbos

trevordbos

Reaction score
Nice looking fRaptor!

I'm a fRaptor owner as well, and the crew here has been very gentle so far regarding the imposter status lol
You were right. I was expecting some backlash. I am not the kind of person to go and buy a truck like a raptor. As far as I am concerned this is a better truck than a raptor now. I would never buy an ecoboost engine. But that is just me. haha. Thank you very much BTW. It seems like a pretty decent truck at the moment. Hopefully I do not end up regretting this Ford decision.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were right. I was expecting some backlash. I am not the kind of person to go and buy a truck like a raptor. As far as I am concerned this is a better truck than a raptor now. I would never buy an ecoboost engine. But that is just me. haha. Thank you very much BTW. It seems like a pretty decent truck at the moment. Hopefully I do not end up regretting this Ford decision.
Why don't you like the ecoboost?

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH that's NOT like asking someone why they don't like a rare filet or 2lb t-bone...EB is like one of those turkey burgers. yeah, it has protein. Sort of looks like a burger. But it ain't. And my Rap has an EB, but I'd love a V8. :)