GEN 1 New Gen 1 owner - What to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would disconnect your rear window defrost power behind the pass side rear seat, when you turn on the button it won't light up but your heated mirror's will still work, the rear defrost wont work. this will save your rear window from shattereing, which happened to me once. and seems pretty common.

There is a rear window defrost button behind pass side rear seat?
My rear defrost button on dash by HVAC controls does not light up.
Has been assuming fuse since rear window heater and heated mirrors don't seem to warm.
So using the rear seat button overheats the outside mirrors??

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a rear window defrost button behind pass side rear seat?
My rear defrost button on dash by HVAC controls does not light up.
Has been assuming fuse since rear window heater and heated mirrors don't seem to warm.
So using the rear seat button overheats the outside mirrors??
I think he’s saying there’s a connector back there, button is on the dash

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, couple more upgrades is did. I did the leather cover for the center console, much better than the stock rubber. I installed a metal skid plate under the gas tank. I have a friend that can do some magic with metal fabrication department so he's working on encasing the gas tank and catalytic converters in metal to deter thieves.

I'm in the process of upgrading the marker lights to smoked lens LEDs. Just waiting on delivery of the lights. I swapped out the stock floor mats for Husky brand mats. I also installed the B&M Transmission dipstick kit. I ditched the stock lugnuts for solid steel lugnuts.

Also tweaked some options in Forscan, turned on dark car mode. No lights come on when opening the doors. Wife and I love that feature. We go to the drive-in up and like to switch up to the back seat on occasion, can't have the people there know what we're up to.

I also disabled the seatbelt alarms and open door alarms. I also turned on the flex fuel options, so I'll test that out soon 1/4 tank at a time. I turned on the daytime running lights. Not sure I like that option though since I want to use the Raptor for driving under night vision. I have IR lights to install through one of the auxillary switches.

I was getting some whining in the front so I swapped out the check valve and solenoid and that fixed the issue. I might go ahead and replace the whole vacuum line assembly from the hubs to the soleniod as a precaution.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m getting whining up front too. Seems the be related to RPM. Lol. Although, in all serious the 6.2l seems to be very reliable. Any issues I’ve had were related to wear/age items such as seals or solenoids and valves. If you do regular maintenance and fix the common items already mentioned in this and other threads, then you’re golden.C4CD4204-8AE7-4B30-9ABA-2540CED8FE1B.jpeg

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I’m getting whining up front too. Seems the be related to RPM. Lol. Although, in all serious the 6.2l seems to be very reliable. Any issues I’ve had were related to wear/age items such as seals or solenoids and valves. If you do regular maintenance and fix the common items already mentioned in this and other threads, then you’re golden.View attachment 377836
May have to remove that whiny part smd send it to me for disposal lol

Smilodon

Reaction score
We're at 90,000 miles now, got it with 65,000. Been pretttey trouble free. We got rebuilt shocks from Forged Offroad and couldn't be happier. Went with Stage one off road kit and flutter stack. Been perfect for Moab and such. Congrats on getting the best Gen.!

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK appreciate that THANKS
Sorry, not trying to hi-jack
BUT...
Does the rear seat back move to allow seeing behind it?
Or does it need to get unbolted.
I see the bottom fold up and back travel up and down.
See strap behind headreast, assuming just for child seat anchoring.
Thought it might be a release to drop back down, but did not see any access.

TIA