GEN 1 New Gen 1 owner - What to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Threeper

Reaction score
Hey all, not new to F-150’s but new to Raptors. Just picked up a 2013 Tuxedo Screw with 41k miles. It clearly spent some time on the wooded evergreen trails of the northwest as the entire body is lightly pinstriped. Confident it will clean up nicely with a good paint correction. But otherwise appears to be in good shape.

Will be a daily driver, family hauler, and off-roader/shooting transport for the high desert of Utah.

This thing is 100% stock from what I can tell. Will be doing some basic mods tint, bed cover, exhaust, CAI, tune.

Wheels and tires are probably happening. Will stay with 35’s on 17’s. How much offset is too much before it starts interfering with proper suspension?

Plan to either rebuild the factory shocks or perhaps go next level with aftermarket suspension. Would love opinions on this.

Being relatively low miles, considering a Whipple as well if I go another 5000 trouble free miles and don’t have concerns.

Anything else to know about these trucks? Any recommendations?

Thanks, looking forward to this truck and this forum!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my 2014 with 42K on it few years ago....68K now and totally trouble free....your gonna love it..! I have the Whipple that was part of the Shelby package and you will not regret it if you decide to go with one..! I've kept mine all stock also and only added a bed cover so cant say much otherwise except check that it has the good old Fuse 27 upgrade....
Good luck and enjoy it..!!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, not new to F-150’s but new to Raptors. Just picked up a 2013 Tuxedo Screw with 41k miles. It clearly spent some time on the wooded evergreen trails of the northwest as the entire body is lightly pinstriped. Confident it will clean up nicely with a good paint correction. But otherwise appears to be in good shape.

Will be a daily driver, family hauler, and off-roader/shooting transport for the high desert of Utah.

This thing is 100% stock from what I can tell. Will be doing some basic mods tint, bed cover, exhaust, CAI, tune.

Wheels and tires are probably happening. Will stay with 35’s on 17’s. How much offset is too much before it starts interfering with proper suspension?

Plan to either rebuild the factory shocks or perhaps go next level with aftermarket suspension. Would love opinions on this.

Being relatively low miles, considering a Whipple as well if I go another 5000 trouble free miles and don’t have concerns.

Anything else to know about these trucks? Any recommendations?

Thanks, looking forward to this truck and this forum!
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So im in the 180k mile range now and its been great. Just basic stuff and the sunroof was the only pita issue. If it has a sunroof get the drain tubes out of the rockers asap to prevent rocker rust.

id do fuse 27 if not done and change all fluids(even if they “said” they are recent, buy my fog lights lol jk, depending on underneath condition.. clean and remove spots of rust and spray away with waxoyl protection.

one little mod thats kinda sweet is the built right industry rear seat release thatll let you fold the back of the rear seat down.

i know theres more little stuff but i cant think of it at the moment.