New Gen 1 Owner in Atlanta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alecklip

Reaction score
raptor 1.jpg raptor.jpg

Picked up this beast about a month ago. Looking forward to building this thing up the way I want. I know for sure I want to throw some 37's on with 17 or 18 in method wheels. I have seen so many different answers on how to fit them my head hurts. If someone could explain the most reasonable cost efficient way to get it done that would be much appreciated.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Good looking machine. Plan your mods accordingly, as there will be many.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. COngrats on a beautiful Gen1. As far as I know, there is only one way to fit 37s, cut and hammer the pinch welds in the front. Use the search function here or ask and we can direct you to the links, but it has been beat to death (no pun intended), lol.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm on 37s and 17 methods.

You'll want to do 4 things:

A. Do as @CoronaRaptor suggested and read the other posts lol. Joking, its just a great starting point to learn what we've all done.

B. Kidding aside, Run a method or any wheel that has a backspacing of 4.75 and zero offset.

C. Get your stock shocks set to mid or top perch.

D. Cut your pinch welds and hammer them flat.

Congrats on the truck! Have fun.