New brakes scraping ?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, so I just replaced all 4 rotors and pads. Double checked the pads were in the right spots etc, greased everything well. Went for a drive and I'm getting aloud scraping or dragging noise from just my rear wheels. Jacked up the back and still there when turning by hand any thoughts?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Ok guys, so I just replaced all 4 rotors and pads. Double checked the pads were in the right spots etc, greased everything well. Went for a drive and I'm getting aloud scraping or dragging noise from just my rear wheels. Jacked up the back and still there when turning by hand any thoughts?

What brand did you get?
2012-2014 have a different rotor then 2010-2011.
Who did you buy these from?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
As per my vin I have all the proper parts, just called to double check.

Could it be my park brake shoes rubbing the inside ?

Maybe pull the wheels off and see which side it is.
If it's one side, could be something stuck inside the rotor or maybe the parking brake was adjusted too wide.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your brake fluid hoses too; make sure they didn't get twisted while the caliper was off.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can hear it in both rear wheels, brake lines were replaced too with stainless after the caliber was bolted back on. The wheels turn by hand easily just noisy. About to adjust the park brakes off and see

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I can hear it in both rear wheels, brake lines were replaced too with stainless after the caliber was bolted back on. The wheels turn by hand easily just noisy. About to adjust the park brakes off and see

When in doubt
Calvin_Peeing.jpg

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you said that the pads were on correctly, but the inside pads are different from the outside. others have put them on incorrectly and they do fit, but they rub.