New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah, I knew there was another similar size. Just couldn't remember it. Thanks for sharing.

I'll give it a few days and then determine which ones to order.

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If "upsizing" to the 35" ko2 is that big of a deal why not just stay with the regular ko or a different tire that is a 315 or run low perch (if youre at mid now) or run a little less air? The 35 ko2 measures to a 34.5" and a 315 measures out to a 34.5 via the website. Also if youre running dead ko's (or any tire for that matter) when going to full tread new tires (dont matter what tire) youre truck is going to raise up minimally as well.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my treads are low. 61k on tires rated at 60k. But the clearance was measured when I first got the truck. It may have a little more clearance now, but I haven't measured lately.

Whatever new tire I get, my first time parking in the garage will go slow as I check the clearance again.

GT stang

Reaction score
I wonder if I could squeeze them in with the stock wheels, do you get any rubbing on compression?

you can fit the tire but it will still rub for sure .. and im sure it will rub on compression in low perch ,, even in mid perch i think .. i wont drive crazy untill i change the fenders

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock wheels, 37's (especially smaller 37's like BFG all terrains) fit pretty nicely and I didn't get any rubbing that way. I had 37's with stock tires on temporarily and had zero rubbing on daily street driving. Did some mild off-roading with no rubbing either.

I did just get the 37" KO2's on my Methods. They did rub a tiny bit on very sharp turns like u-turns. Went into SVC yesterday and they hammered the pinch welds and....BAM.....no more rubbing on street driving. I'll have to try out some off-roading. Obviously if I were to jump the truck and do hard core off-roading, I'd want fiberglass fenders. But for now, I'm very happy with the situation!

I would imagine stock wheels with hammered pinch welds would handle 37's very nicely!

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock wheels, 37's (especially smaller 37's like BFG all terrains) fit pretty nicely and I didn't get any rubbing that way. I had 37's with stock tires on temporarily and had zero rubbing on daily street driving. Did some mild off-roading with no rubbing either.

I did just get the 37" KO2's on my Methods. They did rub a tiny bit on very sharp turns like u-turns. Went into SVC yesterday and they hammered the pinch welds and....BAM.....no more rubbing on street driving. I'll have to try out some off-roading. Obviously if I were to jump the truck and do hard core off-roading, I'd want fiberglass fenders. But for now, I'm very happy with the situation!

I would imagine stock wheels with hammered pinch welds would handle 37's very nicely!

Can you post a few more pics of your truck? I love the front bumper and would like to see more.

You ran the 37" K02's on the stock wheels and had minimal rubbing? I'm on mid perch and think that's the way I'm going to go. I'll modify where it rubs as I really like my 2013 wheels.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I wondered this myself as I have SE Wheels and 35" KO's. I show some tire rub on the front inner liners which came from a 2' jump.

I'd say stock wheels will 37's would rub the inner liner big time on a jump.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a few more pics of your truck? I love the front bumper and would like to see more.

You ran the 37" K02's on the stock wheels and had minimal rubbing? I'm on mid perch and think that's the way I'm going to go. I'll modify where it rubs as I really like my 2013 wheels.

Thanks for the compliment on the front bumper/skid. It's a Mazzulla and I do love it too. I don't have any good pics of the truck with the new 37" KO2's but I'll attach a pic of the front bumper for you.

Yes, I am at mid perch height and actually had BFG Baja ta's on with stock beadlocks and had no rubbing with what I did. Now I'm sure if I jumped the truck, it would rub. But for what I did with them...street driving and some mild high speed mild off-roading, I had no issues at all. I'll post another pic that I have with the Baja's on for you too. I think if you like the stock wheels...that's the safe way to go with 37's. The stock offset really does help the rubbing. Hammering the pinch welds is also a very worthwhile thing to do/get done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 145

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here are the baja 37's with stock beadlocks...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 221

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered this myself as I have SE Wheels and 35" KO's. I show some tire rub on the front inner liners which came from a 2' jump.

I'd say stock wheels will 37's would rub the inner liner big time on a jump.

I agree...with jumping a truck, I would do glass fenders with 37's or stick with 35's on stock fenders. Or....mess around and f up your stock fenders for a while with 37's and find out for sure if you need glass fenders...that's my plan