New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my replacement 35" ko2s today. BFG offered me 40% replacement on my 4 @ 8/32. Realized I needed 5 and my spare is @ 17/32. They approved the 5th, but rep wouldn't bump up the % without me asking to talk to a supervisor. Then said she could do %50. Told her I still didn't think that was fair enough and said 56% was the actual average tread. I had to ask for a supervisor again and while I was on hold somehow I got put back in the queue and had to tell my issue to another rep. The rep asked if I was happy with %60 and I was shocked. "Hell yeah!"
Did that lady rep have more discounting authority and just decided to be a biotch today I wonder.

What was wrong with your stock tires?

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have logged about 12k on mine now. So far so good, but wearing out faster than my D-tracs. I am guessing I am only going to get about 36k on these tires. Which sucks when you are putting about 50k a year on your truck....

Most tires with the snowflake symbol will wear faster since it tends to be a softer rubber compound. Sucks, but after having KO2s on my last truck I won't go back to another tire. Snow and even Ice performance was, in my opinion, superb for a non-dedicated snow tire.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most tires with the snowflake symbol will wear faster since it tends to be a softer rubber compound. Sucks, but after having KO2s on my last truck I won't go back to another tire. Snow and even Ice performance was, in my opinion, superb for a non-dedicated snow tire.

My expectation is that they would not last as long. I was spoiled with the Duratracs I had on the truck. Great in snow and I was able to get over 50,000 miles on them. Many of them with poor alignment or other problems. But, in hind sight, I did have to replace two or them over that time because of punctures or cuts in the tire.

I went to the KO2 this time (expecting less life) in the hopes they might be more puncture / cut resistant (7 pounds heavier per tire than the Dtrac) and a better tire for my uses in the dirt.

I'll just have to wait and see on this winter and what tire I think about next year.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My expectation is that they would not last as long. I was spoiled with the Duratracs I had on the truck. Great in snow and I was able to get over 50,000 miles on them. Many of them with poor alignment or other problems. But, in hind sight, I did have to replace two or them over that time because of punctures or cuts in the tire.

I went to the KO2 this time (expecting less life) in the hopes they might be more puncture / cut resistant (7 pounds heavier per tire than the Dtrac) and a better tire for my uses in the dirt.

I'll just have to wait and see on this winter and what tire I think about next year.

50k a year is a ton of miles on any tire. I have had the Toyo AT2 as well, and they came with a 50k tread wear warranty. The Xtreme sizes come with an aggressive shoulder/sidewall design, which makes it look more aggressive than the regular AT2. Great manners on road and held up really well for me on gravel/dirt roads as well with no chunking. Might be worth looking into.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
America's Tire (Discount Tire) can't get the 35" KO2 right now. Totally out of stock.

Making matters worse they can't find any KO "S" tires as they are not being made anymore.