New 3.0 Fox Shock Corrosion protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonecapone

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris I use this too but on everything except the shocks. I use the BoeShield T9 because it goes on clear when AMSOIL leaves a yellow residual.

Good call on the yellow residue. That is useful information to know upfront.
Thank you,
Tone

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a dumb question, but what's the difference from using one of these compared to a more common cheaper brand of penetrant and water repellent like WD-40, LiquidWrench, PB Blaster, etc.

And what about fancy undercarriage sprays from Chemical Guys or Adams?

Lastly, what about cheap tire dressing spray like foaming Armor All or other brands?

My guess is the Boeshield or MPHD might go on thicker and last longer?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of jeep guys swear by WD40, but I think they have to respray it every few months. Cheaper though.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would think a vinyl wrap would save the finish, keeping the seam in a area that is unseen. Anyone want to sell me a set?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys should check out some comparison testing done by a former member and myself a few years ago comparing Fluid Film, LPS3 and AMSOIL MPHD. The results were impressive to say the least. But in the end, the MPHD from AMSOIL won out over the others. Below is a link to the post in a thread where the comparison testing began. Take the time to read through it and look at the results. While MPHD does leave a yellowish tint, it is not a "residue" as much as it is the color of the "carrier" used in their formula. It WILL make your shocks have a yellowish tint if you spray them, but for everything else, the frame, leaf springs and other metal components under the vehicle, nothing else protects like MPHD.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/clear-undercoat-1622/index5.html#post252572