New 18 Leadfoot Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from picking up my recent 18 raptor build. Mods below:

Performance:
Air raid CAI
AFE intercooler
Turbo adapters
Kooks downpipe
Magnaflow cats and exhaust
MPT 93 perf tune
blow off valve(for sound)
N guage with 5 star tunes
sp 542 plugs

Exterior:
Method 309 titanium rims 17 inch
Nitto Ridge grapplers 37's
ADD Honey badger fron bumpert, back bumper, side steps with warn winch and all lighting options
Diamondback SE bed cover
Recon smoked rear tail and 3rd brake lights
Stubby antena
Icon spring spacers
Weathertec matts
Moderate trimming of front wheel wells
Covered the incredibly ugly silver ford emblem on tail gate

I bought truck new from dealer drove it straight to mechanic(100 miles). Initial reaction(remember i still have my 13 terrain which is loaded/570 rwhp) is the 10 speed trans is much smoother. Ride is probably a little better than my 13, and the performance upgrades really made a difference. For those of you who are stock, you are doing yourself a disservice by not at least tuning the truck. Every aspect of the driving experience is better. Acceleration, throttle response, shift points, top end responsiveness, etc. I understand Ford has to tone the tunes down for the average driver, but Raptor drivers are not average drivers. It's a tad bit frustrating that we have to spend a bunch more money to make the truck act like it was designed to. My build is 25k in add-ons to date. But also remember i learned my lesson from the 13 and bought a stock truck without all the upgraded tech stuff they put on them. A lot of which is removed upon upgrading things. Really a waste of money imo unless you plan to stay stock. I saved 15k on the original purchase(59k driveout from dealership)I am very close to complete on upgrades. Not sure i will do much more. Give you some more driving and handling impressions after driving it for a few thousand miles.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

One more point. I am amazed at how differently the 2 trucks drive. The 13 drives like a truck. The 18 more like a car. Much smoother, and quieter(the nittos are really quiet). And the 18 sounds completely different. Drove both in the last hour and what a stark contrast. More to come.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, we need some sound clips also.. Love your wheels, not the center caps. Have you thought about getting the custom ones from chief maching. He makes some nice replacements for method wheels. You may like the method ones though. Truck looks good, have fun with it.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Who woke up Jake, so he could post his favorite pictures? :ROFLJest: :crazy:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

One more point. I am amazed at how differently the 2 trucks drive. The 13 drives like a truck. The 18 more like a car. Much smoother, and quieter(the nittos are really quiet). And the 18 sounds completely different. Drove both in the last hour and what a stark contrast. More to come.

I agree completely! When I get back in my '10 SCAB, I am stepping back in time 8 years in comfort, style, and technology. :smile:

I drove my new truck to the hill country this weekend and it was a pleasure on and off the road. The tune really wakes the truck up and the new suspension/tires did their jobs beautifully! I am getting used to the much quieter exhaust and not having the constant CAI/True Dual drone of the V8 at highway speeds. (I honestly never thought I would say that...) :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorFlipper

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake,

I know you love to send that picture, but can you tell us how it happened? I just think you didn't do your homework on clearance, or tried some crazy jump or something. Can you explain?