GEN 2 Need Suggestions: Lowering Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would do shackles in the rear and run smaller tires. Bonus: truck would be fast as hell with smaller tires. Don't forget you need to buy all 5, though. I see some sizes in both K02s and Duratracs that I'm pretty sure would work.

Honestly, I don't hate this idea. If that's what it takes to get a Raptor, so be it.

33s ain't that bad!

MagnetMan14

Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for a new Raptor detailed in the signature, and had a question I was hoping some of you experts can answer. This will be my first truck ever, so talk slow and clearly, I'm not familiar with slang terms you all have been speaking about for years! Case in point - SCAB / SCREW, you know how long that took me to figure out?

Anyways, I have a dilemma: I drive through disaster sites for work and my lowered BMW sedan has just not worked out for me, big surprise. It does work out great when driving into my parking garage for work in downtown Charlotte. I'm rarely there, but when I am, I've noticed that the height limit is 6'6", or 78" and the 2017 Raptor is 78.5" factory. I don't know that I need 35" tires exactly, so that was my first thought - drop down to 33" and call it a day. The other thought was leveling kits and I don't know exactly how much I could get out of one and if that was only for the rear, which may not help enough for getting into this garage.

If this was you, what would you do? Answers like "buy a base F-150" don't apply, I want the Raptor, I need it for the rest of my job, just for the times that I need to stop in to the office, I am possibly going to run into the ceiling. HELP! :biggrin: and thanks in advance.

I'm going to ask the obvious, but have you actually checked to see if the truck fits or are you assuming it wont? Maybe go down on a Sunday with an unladen truck and scope it out with a spotter. You may be worrying for not. Having said that, I am sympathetic to the butt pucker that are parking garages. The Sunroof helps.

Alex

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
90926d1501165578-aftermarket-wheels-raptor-w-20s.jpg

Just do this lol

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. you could do as others have suggested and just consider the $300 / month the price of getting exactly what you want.

You could buy a cheaper vehicle (maybe something with some character) in addition to the Raptor.

The main thing is that everyone buying a Raptor really just wants a Raptor... There are always practicality issues when daily driving the Raptor in a downtown environment. The truck is wide as hell and pretty long too.

If you can get the garage to tell you the height you could definitely adjust with tire size... I wouldn't trust myself with the airing down of tires to go in and out, we all get in a hurry and I'd be afraid of forgetting.

Something I'd recommend is measuring YOUR truck when you get it as there can be variations in height