GEN 2 Need remote start on a 2017+? 15 second install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Tried searching didnt see anything on it. figure ill spread the word!

I have a 17 801A without remote start. Wanted to get the ford pass part installed for remote start and turns out the app wont allow it if it didnt come from factory, i called ford and all thinking the dealer didnt know what they were talking about.

I Was 1 day away from having a local shop install a remote start and found this bad boy on ebay. Spoke to the guy that makes it and apparently this is literally god sent.

Takes about 15 seconds to install. Literally unplug one thing plug this in and boom. DONE!

Cannot be any happier. Uses your Stock key fob literally hit lock 3x and its on. Unlocks all factory remote start settings on the dash and all( timer, HVAC options, seats)

After ordering i did find a few other like it but none spoke about unlocking the features on the dash. So be careful if you buy from another seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2018-...ded/273562693602?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

pictures of install are pointless since its literally one step-plug and play and there is a video on the ad on how to.

OP
OP
Franklin perez
Reaction score
This is pretty cool. But it is not clear whether or not Ford Pass works after you install this??

Ford pass remote start will not work with or with out this. It will only lock and unlock if you get the module installed, but will not be able to control remote start.

To me it makes the ~$500 part pointless, main reason to get ford pass is the remote start for me. I dont need to know how many miles or what percent my gas is on. Ford pass updates every time i plug in my phone when i drive it, good enough for me.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on a 2019 Ford pass shows you tpms values .. any time you need it. Even when the car is not on. I love this function.

Ford pass remote start will not work with or with out this. It will only lock and unlock if you get the module installed, but will not be able to control remote start.

To me it makes the ~$500 part pointless, main reason to get ford pass is the remote start for me. I dont need to know how many miles or what percent my gas is on. Ford pass updates every time i plug in my phone when i drive it, good enough for me.

OP
OP
Franklin perez
Reaction score
on a 2019 Ford pass shows you tpms values .. any time you need it. Even when the car is not on. I love this function.
That works too on 2017 and 2018 if they have the wireless modem.

Don’t get me wrong if I had it, GREAT, but since I don’t, I don’t need it. $500 plus $16 per month to see air pressure/miles/gas % isn’t worth it. If it remote started the car yes great I would of went that route for sure.

$165 for remote start(which is what most people want) and doesn’t void the warranty and doesn’t involve having other people drive/work on your car this is the way to go.