Need help - XL80 A-Pillar Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the XL80s mounted to the SDHQ mounts and am now trying to figure out how to route the wares in a clean way. Looks pretty straight forward to run the wires from the lights, under the the rubber mounding on the cowling. My problem is how to run the wires from the cowling to the engine bay. Is this possible to do without having to cutting a notch in the plastic cowling to feed the wires though? I don’t want to cut into the truck if I don’t have to. I know a lot of people have mounted a-pilars, what the best way to route the wires cleanly and the least intrusive?

thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I might have found the solution. I routed the wire though the rain channel on the passenger side. There is still plenty of room for rain runoff and the wire pops out only a few inches from the upfitter connections. Here is a pic. Unless someone has a better idea, I think I’m gonna run with this.

AFA4EE5B-F58E-40FE-8028-8C53B085087A.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just routed mine behind the fender area. You'll need a coat hanger or something else to help grab the wire but it's not too bad. The XL80 wire goes off behind the fender area and your upfitter connected wire gets pulled up into that area also. Make the connection, then let it hang back into the fender area